Title: Junior Project Technologist (Entry Level)
Location: Downtown Toronto (King & Bay)
How to apply: Include resume as MS Word attachment
Payrate: Competitive salary + excellent benefits
JUNIOR PROJECT TECHNOLOGIST (ENTRY LEVEL)
Driven by increasing client business, Company wants to recruit additional Project Technologists to work within the risk aggregation client project team. AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD BE A RECENT GRAD WITH 1 TO 2 YEARS OF JAVA DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE (CO-OP EXPERIENCE WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE TOO)
Roles / Responsibilities:
- The role requires developing and customizing Companies highly flexible aggregation technology to meet client specific requirements. Working as part of a client project team, you will be responsible for carrying out on-going software development work and system customization for the company based in Company's offices. Travel to other company offices or client sites may also be required from time to time.
- The work will encapsulate the full project life cycle, including business analysis and requirement gathering, creation of technical specifications, system implementation, unit and system testing, and documentation preparation. It will require an understanding of how to develop configurable, reusable and maintainable business components and will require interaction with our other technical and business teams.
- In addition to the technical development work you may be able to progress on to team leading duties.
The attributes for this role include being self-motivated and self-sufficient with a flexible and questioning approach. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to problem solve, have an inquisitive nature, be persistent and reliable and pay meticulous attention to detail. The candidate should also have excellent interpersonal skills, a thirst for knowledge with the desire to work in the financial services industry. Willingness to travel occasionally is also essential.
Must Have Skills:
- 1-5 years of Java development experience gained in a commercial environment (CO-OP EXPERIENCE IS ACCEPTABLE)
- Strong GPA in Computer Studies, Engineering, Maths or Science discipline
- Experience developing Java applications and an understanding of client/server architectures
- Good understanding of object oriented design techniques
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Understanding of commercial software development best practices
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience of software development in the financial sector
- Experience of client facing role
- Financial business knowledge including risk and P&L
- Applicants are expected to have worked with some of the following technologies
- Java Swing
- Scripting: Unix Shell, Perl, Java Script
Indeed - 10 months ago
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...