Title: Entry Level Software position (Application Support)
Location: Downtown Toronto (King & Bay)
Payrate: Competitive salary + excellent benefits
ENTRY LEVEL SOFTWARE POSITION (APPLICATION SUPPORT)
Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to be immersed in an industry that embraces leading Entry Level Software enthusiasts? We have an entry level software position. The position requires someone who has programming experience in C/C++, C# or Java. This is a great opportunity as it is a step to get into the company and then eventually grow into any of many major focus areas like SOFTWARE DEVELOPER or BUSINESS ANALYST etc...
We are looking for a trouble shooting professional with experience in Application Support and/or sustaining development to join our highly skilled Company Applications Support and Maintenance Team. You will be required to work independently and as part of a team. Candidates should demonstrate excellent client-facing and communication skills (both written and verbal), coupled with a strong technical background
Reporting to the Regional Team Manager, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Second and third -level application support
- Issue logging, localizing and handling in accordance to priorities
- Tracking and addressing code defects
- Maintenance of support code tree and infrastructure (client scripts, DB etc)
- Patch / hotfix, preparations, QA, packaging and release
- Manning support phone, including some out of hours responsibilities
- Advising clients on modifications and enhancements to existing code
- Attending client meetings where appropriate to advise on support issues
Required Skills and Experience:
- Recent UNIVERSITY Graduate from a Computer Science or related Degree program like; Electronic/ Electrical Engineering, but certainly in a numerate discipline
- Excellent client facing skills. Must be able to answer questions and talk clients through issues in an articulate and effective manner
- Ideally some experience in Application Support and/or Sustaining development role (Co-op experience is welcome too)
- Software development experience in a UNIX environment, use of shell scripts and other UNIX tools
- You should be calm under pressure and mature enough to handle interacting with demanding customers
- Experience developing software in a major language such as C/C++, Java, C#, or Perl.
- Understanding of the financial markets, especially fixed-income
- RDBMS experience, preferably Sybase or SQL Server
- Some experience in other programming languages
- Strong technical background in client-server development
- Technical support of trading systems, market data systems
- Experience with source code control systems
- Technical and business analysis skills to assess customer enhancement requirements and compile bug reports.
The attributes for this role include self-motivation, self-sufficiency and a flexible and questioning approach. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to problem solve, have an inquisitive nature, be persistent and reliable and pay meticulous attention to detail.
Nice to Have Skills:
Trading/Financial Software experience