Title: ClearQuest Administrator
Location: Brampton, On
Compensation: Base salary +bonus and excellent benefits (see below job description)
- Responsible for supporting Non-Production environments including Software Change and Configuration Management activities, application deployment support, and after-hours support.
- Responsibility for IBM Rational ClearQuest Schema Design, Development and Maintenance
- Responsibility for Software Change and Configuration Management (SCCM) workflow for the organization using IBM Rational ClearQuest in Non-Production environments
- Assist environment setup for major and maintenance releases via IBM Rational ClearQuest, source management tools, IBM Rational Build Forge, and IBM Rational Team Concert
- Support extended hours of testing from 8:00am to 8:00pm, including weekends when required
- Support the full SDLC process
- Support software deployment initiatives in Non-Production environments
- Assessment and planning of new projects in the Non-Production environments
- Technology and processes implementation in the Non-Production environments
- Fulfill the role as SME for SCM Methodologies and tool sets (i.e. Waterfall/Agile)
The selected candidate will have the following development opportunities:
- Activities that contribute to the day to day running of ITS infrastructure technologies; managing the life cycle of delivering standard components in IT, including component installation, maintenance and decommissioning.
- Production scheduling and control, support and maintenance, reports distribution, print center operation, ensuring support for agreed upon ITS service levels.
- Backup and recovery capacity for any of the ITS infrastructure component areas including computer servers and storage support, network and voice support, market data support, security administration, database administration, web administration and data center management.
- Project work such as implementation of new technology infrastructure to support new business initiatives, including infrastructure deployment or upgrades, testing and roll-out of configuration, application and operating system upgrades, deployment of security hot-fixes and patches, addressing Audit and Regulatory requirements; communication with vendors and liaison with other ITS teams.
- Provide ITS support services, maintain the production environment and work with other ITS departments to ensure the delivery of requests.
- Identify production issues, take support calls and manage production incidents from inception to resolution, working with application developers or engineers to ensure solutions meet long term goals.
- Become subject matter experts, leveraging in the delivery of the firm's ITS strategy, either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm.
- Excellent client relationship skills and a solid understanding of the ITS business.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience with IBM Rational ClearQuest Schema Design & Development
- Knowledge of ClearQuest ALM Schema an asset
- Knowledge of BIRT reporting
- Knowledge of application servers for ClearQuest Web (WebSphere/WAS)
- Strong background in the IBM Rational suite of products and processes (ClearCase | ClearQuest| Build Forge| Rational Team Concert)
- Strong knowledge of Perl, Java, and UNIX shell programming
- Sound knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- SME level expertise with SCM Methodologies and Tool sets (i.e. Waterfall/Agile)
- Strong Project Life cycle background
- Strong communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work within a dynamic fast paced environment and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills related to ClearQuest work flow and infrastructure
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- Client Satisfaction Metrics
- Knowledge of Organization
- Quality Process Techniques
- Foundation Hardware
- ITS Environment
- Communication for Results
- Customer Service Orientation
- Problem Solving
- A 7.5 hour work day and no weekends required.
- Overtime pay even for SALARIED employees, like this position. (Keep in mind they rarely make you work overtime there)
- An Employee Share Accumulation plan (matches 25% first year, 33% second year, 50% third year and each year after)
- A Guaranteed pension plan
- Half price off all of the company’s products and services, potential savings of up to $5000 a year.
- Free Parking.
Indeed - 19 months ago
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...