This is an opportunity to work on a high profile trading system that executes a significant amount of flow for the firm.
The opening is for an Integration Engineer, responsible for managing the production environment, and some Perl / Shell scripting.
This is a high-throughput, real-time trading system responsible for trading stocks and ETFs.
The position includes designing new trading functionality, managing the production plant, deploying upgrades to the system, troubleshooting problems, interfacing with our traders, etc.
The system is comprised of C++ applications running on Linux, with C# and Java trading front ends that run on our user's desktops.
We work in a team environment, so we need someone who can share ideas and express themselves well.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- strong UNIX / Linux skills, the majority of the system runs on Linux
- scripting (Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Database (SQL, DB design, etc.)
- strong interpersonal skills, we need someone who interacts well with the team as well as the users
- you need to be able to handle pressure and think quickly on your feet. We have tight deadlines, and production problems need to be debugged and fixed quickly.
- the desire to learn!
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
The following are helpful but not required:
- equity trading application experience
- FIX protocol
- basic understanding of equity market structure and regulatory rules
- C++ or other coding experience