Gunnebo Canada Inc. is one of the world's leading security Groups with over 100 companies in 30 countries, offering products and services in electronic and physical security. Operating in Canada since 1954, Gunnebo has grown to 14 company owned branches across Canada.
As part of an international organization and working in an inter provincial, multi-branch environment with approximately 160 employees, the Administrator of Human Resources guides and administers the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for Gunnebo Canada. This is a standalone position working under the direction of the General Manager.
Key areas of responsibility include policy and procedure development; human resource planning; employee relations; training and development; recruitment and selection; and HR reporting and analysis HR metrics/KPIs. In addition to remaining current with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, this role requires the individual to adhere to and enforce all established Company policies and procedures. This role further requires the individual to maintain positive relationships between the management team and employees. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Oversee all of the Human Resources department operations and processes
- Maintain positive working relationships with employees and the management team -
- Advise and assist Management on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs, best practices and organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc. – Conduct Investigations if required
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and policies striving to resolve work-related issues.
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance with all regulatory bodies, including Employment
Standards for all provinces, Human Rights Legislation and Employment Equity
- Remain current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards - Train Management and employees on various HR initiatives, i.e.: Bill 168, AODA
- Oversee Job Performance Evaluations
- Responsible for management & administration of Employee Group Benefit Plan
- Administration of Company Defined Benefit Pension Plan (employee orientation, enrolment, terminations, annual pension statements, AIR, issuance of PAR, Tri-Annual Evaluations, fielding inquiries)
- Workers’ Compensation across Canada - Injury Reporting, Claims Management, Premium payments and Annual Reconciliations
- Responsible for Joint Health and Safety Committee nationally
- Facilitate and assist Management with Recruitment (advertising, resume screening, interviewing, reference checking, employee orientations) and Terminations
- Conduct exit interviews
- Administer Employee Service Award Program
- HR Reporting: Produce monthly headcount & KPI analysis for Head Office in Sweden, responsible for salary and bonus reporting
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- 3 plus years' Human Resources experience preferably in a Generalist role
- CHRP designation or working towards designation
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree or post-graduate certificate in Human Resources Management
- Effective communication skills – ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally and maintain confidentiality
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
Indeed - 21 months ago
Gunnebo Canada Inc. is one of the world's leading security Groups with over 100 companies in 30 countries, offering products and services in...