Guillevin International Employee Reviews

Best Electrical Wholesaler out there
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON4 January 2018
Worked at two locations in Ontario. Actually a great company to work for. Corporately they really do have the employees best interests in mind. Great Benefits, generous salary, excellent promotions and communication. Opportunity's to advance and opportunities to explore other locations. I made the mistake of leaving and discovered that other companies do not care or cultivate such an excellent environment for their employees. I may be the only person to have ever left Guillevin.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Work Enviroment
Cons
Stripped down computer system.
So called be there for you
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 November 2017
Company brags how they are there for their employees yet when something becomes life changing they get scared and lay you off without helping you. This was in one branch only and the Western Regional Manager
Very similar to high school with the people all working towards profit sharing and talking about one another behind their backs.
office (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
When there is nobody around to babysit you it is an ok place as long as you can ignore the other employees that you know do nothing better then talk about one another Is micro managed by higher ups in Montreal because the managers they choose are incompetent apparently in their eyes.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Salary
Happy, fun, exciting, environment.
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
I had the best time working at Guillevin. The branch manager makes work fun and is always in a good mood. The staff are all very close and outgoing, funny, and respectful. Work was always fun and I enjoyed being there.
Pros
Good people, happy environment
great company
Office worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2017
fast paced environment, friendly staff, good benefits, open, shared work space, work for both office staff, sales men and warehouse workers, serves public well
My experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
When I worked for this company I was working as an assembly line worker. I worked long hours and for very little money. When I was working there I didn't get enough money to live on for my family.
Emploi avec risque
Distribution et services électrique (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC21 April 2017
Le poste implique du stress mais les journée passe très vite
content de me réveiller pour aller travailler la bas
garcons dentrepot (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC9 January 2017
ce travaille me permettait de vivre des chose différente a chaque jours. la diversité était la clé dune belle journée.
Pros
Exemple : Repas gratuits
Great management and stability
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC13 October 2016
Great management, great stability, good coworkers, calm environment, easy commute, not challenging, not so much space for improvement
Cons
unpaid overtime
old habits die hard
Purchasing, A/P, A/R (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 July 2016
toxic work environment
no room for advancement
constant battle between departments
to much bad talking
nothing is anyones fault
Great company with profit sharing for employees
Operations Manager/Purchaser (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 March 2016
I loved almost every day I worked there because of the people I worked with and the ability to work independently. One of the most enjoyable parts was also one of the hardest parts of my job was that every day was a new day and brought new problems to be solved and I realized how much I enjoyed it.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
location
Friendly Staff and Encouraging Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2016
A day to day basis of working at Guillevin was interacting with customers, filling and shipping orders, and receiving product. The staff were incredibly friendly and exceptionally kind towards the customers and other co- workers. It was a positive atmosphere upon entering the building every day. I was able to broaden my knowledge on the different electrical components as many of the staff were experienced with them. The hardest part while working was the stress of keeping up with orders to ensure they make it out the same day. Management was very professional and encouraged all employees to have a say towards any subject. Overall it was a good job to have coming out of high school.
Environnement agréable
plusieurs tâches connexes (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC5 February 2016
Chez Guillevin International j'ai appris à faire de la facturation en moins d'une journée. J'ai adoré travailler avec mes colllègues de travail. Les employeurs chez Guillevin sont comme une <<famille>>, ils s'entraident beaucoup et ils sont toujours près à aider. J'ai adoré travailler avec eux. Je n'est pas d'aspect le plus difficile, mais l'aspect le plus agréable a été d'apprendre à faire de la facturation.
good company to work for if you are wiiling to work hard
Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton19 August 2015
It's a good company to work for. Good benefits
and good profit share.
A very busy job and often stressful.
A good set of people to work with
Working In The Stone Age
Technical Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 August 2014
- pushing paper all day long
- rarely taking a break, including lunch
- overworked
- extremely underpaid
- "profit sharing" controlled by ONE person so if you don't get along with him/her you will not get much $
Pros
don't have any
Cons
too many to mention
Travail de bureau général. Ambiance agréable.
Commis de bureau (Current Employee) –  Terrebonne7 August 2014
Je travaille quatre jours semaine et j'ai besoin de travailler à temps complet.
Good Job
Purchaser/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 May 2014
Good environment , easy paced and laid back casual, constant learning of updated products in the field,
Pros
flexible hours and not micro managed
Une super belle gagne
représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC10 February 2014
Expérience de travail très enrichissant avec une gagne le fun. travailler tout en socialisant est important. faut toujours être à l’affût, j'adore...
Pros
L’aspect social
Productive and fun place to work
Automation Specialist/Automation Solution Provider (Current Employee) –  Calgary15 November 2013
Every day is like my first day at work where I get to learn new things and meet new people. Management has been fine so far and when it comes to co-workers, it is just fantastic. They guide me and help me where ever they can. The hardest part of job is that it is limited to Calgary. I am looking for a job where i can travel and experience more about our industry and hence learn more. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people everyday from different cultures and ethnicities.
Pros
Good Company with ample amount of experience
Cons
Limited territory
Good place to work.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 March 2013
Great people to work with. My job was to answer phones, filing, mailouts.