GUEST-TEK POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Junior Production System Administrator
Department: Research and Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Production Manager
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Junior Production System Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration tasks of high availability systems.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administration and support of hardware and software systems within the organization.
- Working with Linux services, e.g. Glassfish, Apache, Java, MySQL, etc.
- Maintenance of RPM bundles used within the organization.
- Maintenance of Virtual Systems used within the organization.
- Working with the online community to identify and solve any issues that may arise.
- Creation of documentation for training of others within the department.
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.
- Minimum 1 year experience working within the Linux environment.
- Understanding of how Linux systems operate.
- Proficient with Linux command line interface.
- Working knowledge of BASH scripting.
- Understanding of Linux Security concepts and implementation.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with CentOS Linux an asset.
- Working knowledge of Virtual Systems an asset.
- Knowledge of PHP and Python also an asset.
- Ability to communicate issues with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the capability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Eager to learn new concepts and technologies, and be able to share acquired knowledge.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. (Guest-Tek) is a Canada-based company. The Company is a provider of Internet protocol (IP) network...