GUEST-TEK POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Intellectual Property Agent
Department: Research and Development
Location: Calgary, AB
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Reporting directly to the CTO, the Intellectual Property Agent will be responsible for overseeing and providing guidance on matters related to patents and intellectual property.
- Support company executives in developing overall intellectual property and patent portfolio strategies.
- Provide direct support to executives on intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution.
- Interface with company’s external patent attorneys.
- Prepare and file new Canadian, US and international patent applications.
- Track statuses of existing patents.
- Technical education/background with an emphasis on internet technologies is required.
- Proven track record of managing patent portfolios as well as writing and filing Canadian, US and International patent applications.
- Ability to work with internal senior executives in communicating and coordinating intellectual property management strategies.
- General familiarity with intellectual property law and experience interfacing with ip/patent attorneys.
- Superior technical writing and overall communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. (Guest-Tek) is a Canada-based company. The Company is a provider of Internet protocol (IP) network...