GUEST-TEK POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Event Planner/Executive Assistant
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The person in this hybrid role is responsible for maintaining the essential duties of an Executive Assistant, as well as spearheading Event Planning efforts with a limited amount of supervision.
Event Planning Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Organizing special events including scheduling and liaising with external service providers to co-ordinate facilities, equipment, and set-up.
- Negotiating space contracts and booking event space, arranging food and beverage, ordering of supplies and any necessary equipment, making travel arrangements, ordering signage, and ensuring appropriate décor.
- Gathering information on each event to achieve quality event productions.
- Proposing new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serving as a liaison and point of contact with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assisting with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Preparation of nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Closing out of all events as required.
Executive Assistant Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responding to internal and external inquiries on behalf of the Executive team as required.
- Screening and routing of incoming materials according to content of communications.
- Making appointments for the Executives as required
- Referring persons to other staff members as necessary.
- Arrangement and coordination of all travel requests for the Executives, ensuring all travel documentation is current.
- Preparation of expense reports.
- Writing, editing or coordinating the preparation of any correspondence, reports, or other printed materials; researching content items for correctness of presentation and applicability.
- Maintaining a variety of confidential records and files.
- Gathering and preparation of material for use in presentations.
- Administering of assigned special, recurring, or regular projects; completing reports as needed.
- Ability to respond to ad-hoc requests from the Executive team in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Event Planning/Coordination preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience with office administrative management.
- At least 1 year experience coordinating special events.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role.
- Must be able to work overtime, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Some international travel is required (approximately 20 - 30%).
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work assignments from a variety of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges, email and web searches.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high level of efficiency in varying conditions.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- A proven ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Possess excellent personal presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility, patience, and an ability to deal diplomatically with any situation.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with both internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Guest-Tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. (Guest-Tek) is a Canada-based company. The Company is a provider of Internet protocol (IP) network...