GUEST-TEK POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Business Intelligence Developer
Department: Research and Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Development Manager – Internal Products
Reporting to the Development Manager – Internal Products, the Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the creation, support, and ongoing enhancements for business and client side reporting. The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with the Data Warehouse team to understand the data models used for reporting, as well as working with Product Managers to obtain the requirements to provide meaningful corporate and client side reports.
- Work with Product Managers to gather the requirements for the creation of client or corporate reports.
- Work with the Data Warehouse team to provide the necessary insight into what information is required to be made available for reporting.
- Assist with recommendations regarding the use of reporting tools and technologies.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools where applicable.
- Involved with mentoring and training activities.
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.
Education / Training:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience in BI/report development in a MySQL database environment.
- Experience with Logi Analytics, Tableau, Cognos or other BI reporting tools.
- Strong SQL skills with experience in stored procedure design and optimization.
- Understanding of database design methodologies, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
- Experience with QA and data analysis practices as they relate to database reporting.
- Experience working on a professional project to completion.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
Nice to have:
- Experience with SAP Business Objects 3.0.
- Java development experience using J2EE technologies, SOAP/XML, JMS, Glassfish, and Java Persistence.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with both technical and non-technical people.
- Able to work in a fast paced and structured position yet adapt to a flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Requires minimal supervision.