Guess Inc?. Employee Reviews

i Love The Brand
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL4 September 2017
It was one of my favorite places of employment. I learned so much about fashion and the work environment was fun exciting and very competitive but I loved everything about it.
Productive, Competitive fun and fashion environment.
DIRECTOR OF STORES, NORTH AMERICA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA3 September 2017
Incredible hard working culture, great people culture, incredible growth and career opportunities. Was so happy working there and I loved the envrionment.
Pros
People, Competition and Growth
Cons
Sizing down
fun working experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV31 August 2017
they had a dj on the weekends , which made working there really fun. you only get one break and its not long enough. management was very helpful
Pros
deiscounts
Cons
sometimes stressful
Guess
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZ28 August 2017
Great place to work great management get to wear pretty much all u want good hr and pay is ok make good friends everyone looks out for one another just nice place to work overall
great company to growth
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FL21 August 2017
I love guess, all my experinces is thanks to guess inc. they gave me a lot of opportunity to growth and learned what i know now. great customers services and excellent products
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL9 August 2017
Being treated unfairly as an employee can't keep employees because either attitude towards employees doesn't keep up with code of cleanliness ridiculous parking
Pros
Fashion, Discounts
Cons
Poor pay
Fun environment along with positive and general goals for the company in reference to sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ20 June 2017
The job was successful and the employees along with the management where all kind, however there was a bit of lack of communication in reference to hour availability, ect.
Pros
Positive enviornment
Cons
Management tend to have lack of communication
It's ok
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC25 May 2017
It's a nice place to work at if you like working with customers & clothes. The staff is friendly & it's a great first time job. Very pleased with this company
Tough industry to be in
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA15 May 2017
Business isn't great for any big retailers and GUESS is no different. Lay offs and high stress environment. Highly competitive culture with not much room for advancement.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI8 May 2017
I worked for Guess for about 8 years and through that time I received 4 promotions. As long as you work hard and you have no problem evolving and keeping up with current trends when selling, you will be fine. Management will invest the time in effort in you if you invest the time in progressing. The culture is super fun and high energy.
Pros
Management, opportunity to advance
Cons
Work life balance
It is a fun workplace. I loved my daily shifts. Managers were great leaders.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR5 May 2017
A typical day at work depended on the day. Weekends were so fun and there was a fashion mind way to make everything fun and easy going. My managers used to be so loyals, fun and great leaders. I really had a great relationship with them. A perfect place to work.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons
Few hours per week (5-10)
Fun selling Guess attire
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA22 April 2017
Sold attire, I learned how to help customers put together outfits and pair items, I liked being at the cash wrap. I hate how a manager need to come and swipe of all returns it just makes it more complicated. I had a lot of fun.
Pros
dicounts
Cons
not enough hours
Fun environment get to dress super cute
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL31 March 2017
Super high energy! You almost have to be and sometimes they force you to be. If you're having a bad day, you are not allowed to show it whatsoever while on the clock. I didn't like that part. Some managers are really childish because the store is all girls. I liked the fast paced and dress code of the store though.
Pros
Winning free products
Cons
wearing heels entire shift, childish management
terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NV20 March 2017
the management is terrible and very unprofessional. They do not fully train anyone but expect you to know everything and get mad when something is done incorrectly. management is very rude, and do not take responsibility when something doesnt get done, they blame the associates and make them fix or finish tasks that were too much for one associate to complete in a 4 hour shift.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks, poor management, work on holidays, poor training
Highly productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TX26 January 2017
The day consists of assisting the customers as soon as they walk into the store. We tell them about our promotions and new articles. If they require no further help we proceed to maintain a clean store by continuously tasking around the store.
My customer server and interpersonal skills have greatly improved through the contact with customers and the skill to convince them to buy the material. It is a very fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers and convincing them to purchase an item.
Good Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 November 2016
When working as a Sales Associate i did work off a great commission based program until it was disrupted which prompted me to leave the company. Other than that i have nothing but good things to say about Guess.
It was work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY28 September 2016
Guess is a nice place to work. The people are really friendly not so much about the people who controlled guess. You never really seen them and if you did they weren't to friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guess Inc?.. Our community is ready to answer.