GUELPH MERCURY Employee Reviews

Everyday delivery.
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 July 2016
I hated the fact that you had to deliver everyday but I loved that it got me out of the house. Delivery by 5 pm at the latest from Monday to Friday was great for me, it fit in with my everyday life and got, and kept me fit if anything. Saturdays is what killed me, having to be up by 6 am to get the papers put them together and then have 100 papers delivered by 9 am, horrible! Some people on the route were happy, fantastic people unlike a couple of stops that always made me cringe at the amount of disrespect I received from them. Overall not a bad job, depending on the customers.
Typical day at work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 April 2016
Organizing paperwork in the beginning of the shift, for all truck, drivers, and carriers.
Making following changes to paperwork if something changed on the day of.
Increasing math skills from counting instead of using the calculator, since we didn't have the time to do so.
Increase overall management skills, since most work was to reorganize paperwork, or product.
Co-workers were kind and helpful
When there's too much work for two people, and had to stay in overtime or come in early to finish the work
Once all work was finish, break could be as long as the time it's done to the next work that comes.
Pros
Can choose breaktime, Employees, environment
Cons
Low employment, Transportation
Delivered papers
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 August 2015
I had the opportunity in having a Paper route through Guelph Mercury. Although i had early morning. it was a good way for a child to earn money to spend on himself and siblings.
No more printing press
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 July 2015
Working at the Mercury was fine, but my job there no longer exists, otherwise I'd still be working there. Printing is a dying trade.
Outside
Paper boy (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 November 2014
It was a paper delivery job that was dreadfully hot in the summer, and cold in the winter, seeing as how the job was outside, everyday but Sunday
Pros
Small work ours
Cons
Small pay
review
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 November 2014
was a good place to work but i wasn't allowed to do it anymore because my parents wouldn't let me by myself get there.
Pros
good pay and deals at certain places
Productive, fun workplace with great staff.
Multimedia Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 June 2012
Developing and maintaining positive relationships with accounts
Developing effective sales proposals and presentations for clients to increase sales and to create lasting business relationships
Pros
free newspaper
Cons
no room for growth

4.3