Extending In Home Primary Health Care
The Guelph Family Health Team is a leader in collaborative primary care, supporting our patients to maximize their wellness potential. We aim to inspire in our staff a commitment to professional, comprehensive and compassionate care. Guelph Family Health Team is lead organization for the Guelph HealthLink – our community’s approach to enhancing support to those who need it most.
Through the Guelph HealthLink, we are adding to our existing Aging at Home service to better support those with complex health and social needs. Working directly with primary care providers and collaboratively with community services , this primary care outreach service aims to better support patients who are unable to attend office appointments. Four additional positions have received permanent funding for (Registered Nurses and Social Workers) for the newly named “HealthLinks at Home” program.
As referred by primary care providers, visit patients in their homes to assess their well- being and help them to access the community and health support services they require. The focus of this work is working with individual patients to understand their preferences and needs for continuing their well-being.
- Obsessively patient-focused
- RN-BScN or MSW
- 3 years’ experience in your field
- Excellent experience in community social systems navigation
- Experience with conducting community home visits
- Knowledge of community social and health partners an asset
- Strong ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to function in a collaborative and interdisciplinary primary care setting
- Strong behavioral based interview skills
- Good risk assessment capabilities
Guelph FHT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please quote "Health Link" in your e-mail subject line; only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Guelph Family Health Team offers services at 13 sites in the City of Guelph.