Building the Future of Health Care
The Guelph Family Health Team is an innovative health care home that inspires excellence in performance from all our staff and patients through leadership in professional, comprehensive and compassionate care.
Our mission is to champion the development and delivery of high quality collaborative health care that informs and assists our patients to make decisions that maximize their wellness potential.
Our team is currently looking for creative, caring and enthusiastic professionals to work with family physicians and their staff, expanding collaborative primary health care in Guelph.
The GFHT Registered Nurse in the primary care practice setting (PCNC) is an expert in providing excellent care and coordination of Chronic Disease Management and prevention to populations at risk for developing and or with Chronic conditions or illnesses.
The PCNC activities are aimed at improving optimal health/wellness, through promotion and prevention programs at individual, group and or joint care with other IHP. This RN is responsible for the assessment, planning, coordination and delivery of services, consistent with the principles of primary health care, to designated populations and their families and caregivers. Working in collaboration with the primary provider and interdisciplinary team, the PCNC will share expertise and knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention and chronic disease management with a goal to improving access and patient self-management.
**Must be a RN.BScN
- With a minimum of 3 years medical surgical and or community experience
- Ability to function in a full scope RN role in a collaborative and interdisciplinary primary care setting
- Knowledge of community social and health partners an asset
- Working knowledge of chronic disease management is critical
- Excellent skill in patient coaching to support self-management
- Self-directed individual with system navigation capacity
- Progressive learner
*THIS IS A FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION*