The Guelph Family Health Team is an innovative health care organization that inspires excellence in performance from all our staff for our patients and clinical partners through leadership in professional, comprehensive and compassionate care.
The RN plays a key role within the interdisciplinary team at Diabetes Care Guelph (DCG). They provide specialized education and treatment for patients who have diabetes, pre-diabetes, or are at risk for developing diabetes. This individual will work closely with a Registered Dietitian as well as collaborating with physicians and other allied health care professionals to provide care to patients at DCG. The RN role is focused on both the provision of direct patient care as well as assisting in the development of clinic and community programs, resources and initiatives.
This is a full time, contract position for 13 months.
Clinic: Diabetes Care Guelph
- Must be a RN.BScN
- Must be a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Ability to function in a full scope RN role in a collaborative and interdisciplinary primary care setting
- Experience working with people with diabetes and/or high risk for cardiovascular disease is an asset
- Knowledge of community social and health partners an asset
- Excellent skill in patient coaching to support self-management
- Self-directed individual with system navigation capacity
- Demonstrated ability in motivational interviewing technique and mutual goal setting
- Progressive learner
Please forward your resumes to Human Resources by June 27, 2014.
The Guelph Family Health Team offers services at 13 sites in the City of Guelph.