We are seeking a driven individual who is looking to advance their career. If that’s you… step up to this opportunity in a industry leading company!
Guardian, A Division of ShawCor, is a leading provider of a complete range of tubular management services including web-based inventory systems, mobile and in-plant inspection, straightening and repair of drill pipe, production tubing and casing.
We are seeking a dedicated individual whom is fanatical about quality standards and ready for a new challenge as a Quality Control Technician at our Edmonton Machine Shop.
As the Quality Control Technician you will learn Guardian’s QC program with specialized focus on inspecting thread.
Learn the Responsibilities:
- Provide Quality Control while inspecting threads
- Learn the processes identified, including the safe handling of material
- Using power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
- As experience is gained, actively participate in training to learn different functions
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Perform duties as required, including effective clean-up, accurate and timely completion of paperwork and general shop duties.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Commitment to safety and working within standard policies and procedures
- Possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- Manual labor work experience is required as well as being physically fit
- Basic math and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting
- Be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours, including working alternating shifts and weekends
- Experience with Dial Gauges and Hand tools such as: pipe wrench, grinder, vernier calipers, etc.
- Previous experience with material handling and QA/QC is preferred
If your ready to take your career from labourer to the next level, step up now and grow with us!
Indeed - 9 months ago
Guardian, A Division of ShawCor, is a leading provider of a complete range of tubular management services including web-based inventory...