WHAT WOULD YOUR CAREER LOOK LIKE when you join an industry leading company that provides you OPPORTUNITIES to grow, learn and develop your skillset?
Guardian, a Division of ShawCor is growing and we are seeking dedicated people with a solid work ethic and a desire to learn new skills and put down their career roots with us. We are seeking GENERAL LABOURER for our branch in RED DEER.
Guardian, A Division of ShawCor, is a leading provider of a complete range of tubular management services including web-based inventory systems, mobile and in-plant inspection, straightening and repair of drill pipe, production tubing and casing.
WITH A COMMITTMENT TO SAFETY and QUALITY, the primary duties of the General Labourer include:
- Learn the processes identified, including the safe handling of material
- Use power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
- Various duties including effective clean-up and accurate & timely completing paperwork
- Actively participate in training to learn different functions
- Maintain strict compliance with company safety procedures & programs
- Ensure that work is performed in a safe and effective manner
- Perform other duties as required
- Required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
- Manual labor work experience in an industrial setting is required
- Possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- Be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours including weekends and overtime
- Previous experience with material handling and movement and tool experience
- Reliable transportation to/from work
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting
- Safety tickets preferred: H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, CLTDG
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent (preferred)
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical testing before hire.
Guardian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire on the basis of merit.