Guardian, A Division of ShawCor, is a leading provider of a complete range of tubular management services including web-based inventory systems, mobile and in-plant inspection, straightening and repair of drill pipe, production tubing and casing.
We are seeking two Labourer/Swamper for our Edmonton Branches. With a commitment to safety, quality and operational procedures, the primary functions of the Labourer will be to provide general labouring. Generally the labourer will:
- Learn the processes identified, including the safe handling of material
- Using power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
- As experience is gained, participate willingly in training to learn different functions
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Perform other duties as required, including effective clean-up and the accurate and timely completion of paperwork
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent (an asset but not required)
- Manual labor work experience is required
- Previous experience with material handling and movement and tool experience
- Physically fit
- Possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- Be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours
- Required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting
- Safety Tickets ie: H2S Alive, Standard 1st Aid, CLTDG, WHMIS (are an asset)
Please be advised all successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical testing before hire.
We offer an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Guardian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire on the basis of merit.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Guardian, A Division of ShawCor, is a leading provider of a complete range of tubular management services including web-based inventory...