Guardian, A Division of ShawCor, is a leading provider of a complete range of tubular management services including web-based inventory systems, mobile and in-plant inspection, straightening and repair of drill pipe, production tubing and casing.
We are seeking two Labourer/Swamper for our Edmonton Branches. With a commitment to safety, quality and operational procedures, the primary functions of the Labourer will be to provide general labouring. Generally the labourer will:
- Learn the processes identified, including the safe handling of material
- Using power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
- As experience is gained, participate willingly in training to learn different functions
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Perform other duties as required, including effective clean-up and the accurate and timely completion of paperwork
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent (an asset but not required)
- Manual labor work experience is required
- Previous experience with material handling and movement and tool experience
- Physically fit
- Possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- Be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours
- Required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting
- Safety Tickets ie: H2S Alive, Standard 1st Aid, CLTDG, WHMIS (are an asset)
Please be advised all successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical testing before hire.
We offer an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Guardian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire on the basis of merit.