GTECH

GTECH Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Generally a good company
Business Analyst and Technical Proposal Writer (Current Employee), West Greenwich, RIOctober 3, 2012
I was able to change positions, so GTECH is open to people moving around and learning new things. Upper management is generally good about communicating with the rank and file.
a great place to work
Packer (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: we got free soda everyday and we didn't have to clock out for breaks
Cons: shrot breaks
i loved my job @ gtech!!!!! i also like my co-workers and management team.......i learn how to put numbers in orders without having to unstack them.....the hardest part of my job was standing in 1 spot for 12 hours.......i really enjoyed working as a team and trying to out do the other shifts and also enjoying the overtime they was letting us get on – more... our day off..........a typical day @ work, was coming in and doing our job, helping each other out and making sure we reach our gold for the month and when we was not busy they let us work and talk a little.......i was sad when they didn't need me anymore because my job ended, i was a temp – less
One of the best places I worked at
Associate Product Support Engineer (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RISeptember 23, 2012
Was able to start as a Technician and ended as an Associate Product Support Engineer. I got to travel.
High paced customer focused with passion for strong work results.
Sr. Director, Operational Services (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 24, 2012
Pros: great people, very sano working environment, senior staff very open to change.
Cons: being on call 24x7x365 is tough but it's what the industry requires!
I manage a total of four teams of industy experts and led the expansion of the company's centralized data center program. Work at GTECH I learned the value of customer loyality along how to quickly and responsiblily effect change in a very demanding service environment. We have a strong management team with an eye toward simply "getting the job done" – more... while insuring maximum customer satifaction. The collaboration with co-workers is great. All realized that the job cannot get done without the support of others. The hardest part of the job would be gaining new customers and implementing products within a very short time frame - but this is very rewarding as well! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with seasoned professionals and effecting change that benefits both the company and the customer. – less
Challenging Environment
Support Representative (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 21, 2012
Expanded my technical support experience, and enjoyed my time with the company.
They wrote the book on gaming management
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Trenton, NJAugust 5, 2012
Pros: company vehicles, compliance with regulations, good benefits
Cons: some technical procedures are a gray area, not written down but passed by word of mouth.
Although many of the financial parameters of the job are subject to state budgeting, Gtech covers all the bases with regard to technical knowledge and logistics. This can vary by state, but overall they have thought of almost everything, having been the first operator of a state lottery 4 decades ago.
Relaxed and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 2, 2012
Enjoyed the call center atmosphere. As a previous work experience mainly in call center enviroment, enjoyed the management asking for my opinion and advice on the center.
Employer was very up to date on training skills.
Good Experiance
Helpdesk Analyst / Troubleshooting (Former Employee), East Greenwich, RIJuly 30, 2012
Great job worked on the phones most of the time helped tech on site installing lottery systems .
Many changes.
Technical Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 27, 2012
Pros: free breadfast and lunch sometimes
Cons: management says one thing then does another. does not keep word.
Receive new operating system without any training. Management just expected everyone to know it. Hours very long 12 hr shifts in which at times there was no work for 9 of the 12 hours.
Ok first job after college
Field Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2012
Pros: company van to drive to customer locations
Cons: very low pay
Pay was not great, but it did give a way for a college grad to get some exp under them. Left this job for Lockheed martin in hopes of growing my IT career.
Great place for the young female graduate
Individual contributor (Current Employee), Providence RIJune 19, 2012
Pros: scenic river walks
Cons: little career development opportunities for middle level; annual promotions mainly at the top.
A great company begins with great leadership. This company is starting to lose its way. Management is more focused on check the box processes rather than engaging employees.
You'll get ahead knowing the right person and being in the right place at the right time. Not, how hard you work, how smart you are or how much potential you might have.

There – more... is very little career development opportunities for the middle and ground level. Annual promotions happen mainly at the top. – less
Good Changes, positive direction
Call Center Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2012
Job security is present, evolving still in development. Typical 8 hour day answering up to 80 calls daily, for customer technical support. Multitasking, and assisting customers in over 10 states. Job knowledge is a must, I've learned each and every call is handled accordingly to the circumstances, but the basics remains the same, professional, courteous, – more... prompt, knowledgeable, confident and resolution.Management: open. Peers, great team players! The hardest part of the job, if I'm unable to resolved an customer issue over the phone. The most enjoyable part is resolving and satisfying the customer over the phone. – less
Challenging, diverse, and friendly place to work.
HR Coordinator, HR Representative, HRIS Analyst (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIJune 5, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits, great work relationships, great exposure to new things
Cons: office politics can be tough, worked very long hours.
I held three different jobs during my years at GTech:
HR Coordinator
--HR Benefits and new-hire orientation
--HRIS information management (reporting, data entry, data cleanup, and HRIS projects), using Excel, Access, and HR Vantage.
--Worked hand-in-hand with the Director of HR in setting up the HR department for our new offices in Boca Raton, Florida, – more... and our sites in seven countries in Latin America.
--Made international travel arrangements for the Director and several expatriates.
--Liaison between Corporate HR, our relocation service provider, and the employee to ensure a smooth transition.
--Produce and ensure approval and tracking of all job requisitions for all sites throughout Latin America.
--Other administrative duties included calendar management, presentations and reports using PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
--Set up and maintained the region’s first Personnel files system.
--Prepared the region’s first HR database.

HR Representative
Similar responsibilities as detailed above, and the following added responsibilities:
--Work on salary administration and other compensation projects, such as annual incentive programs, job/grade analysis, and other compensation employee actions.
--Work closely with the Director of HR on various employee relations issues, coordinated the annual Employee Summer Picnic and End-of-Year Festivities Party.
--Generate job descriptions as needed and ensure grading maintained internal equity using salary administration guidelines.
--Council management and employees on HR policies and procedures as needed.

HRIS Analyst
Was promoted and relocated to the company’s corporate headquarters in Rhode Island, specifically to work with the configuration and implementation team for SAP HR 4.5B. Some of those responsibilities were:
--Data integrity analysis through the careful preparation of ad-hoc reports used to test data for recently configured data fields using SAP HR, Excel, and Access.
--Prepared reports using excel for the purpose data migration.
--Supervised our data entry clerk, providing training and daily (database for over 1,000 employees).
--Responsible for our EEO-1 report (all US employees).
--Provided ad-hoc reporting for management, upon request.
--Prepared end-user training material, and provided training and technical support to end-users in the US and around the world. – less
Even though it was a 6 month internship I loved this job
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIMay 29, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: open 365 days a year
- Awesome team
- Management cares about you
- Learn something new everyday
- Always keeps you on your toes
Review of Gtech
Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2012
I had the opportunity to work with a fun sector of business. Gtech provides lottery services, including supply orders and technical support
Love this Company
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIMay 16, 2012
Everyone was great to work with... and typical day at work would be coming in setting up my phone and connecting in... throughout the day we would have to make serval calls out and recieve even more coming in. Cutomers would need to take training on the new lottery machines and I was the person to set this up for them. I also booked travel for the trainers – more... and handle all their moeny records. – less
Springfield location micromanages
Technology Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 15, 2012
A typical day consists of data entry, processing, answering phones, troubleshooting, creating reports.
I learned a lot while working here, how to create/modify command macros, create sql queries, manipulate Unix based database tables among many other things.
Productive and challenging
Instant tickets specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 14, 2012
Pros: always free lunches and bonuces
I acquired expection skill set with customer service on all levels, also acquired training as a call center manager.
Exceptional mangement team to work with and for.
I have worked wit very talented team.
There was challenging moments, but thanks for the supportive team and managemnt, enjoyable part of the job was never a dull moment.
Working on Slot Machines is fun!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 9, 2012
Job is always Different!
Sometimes you are helping guest. You Trouble shoot Machine problems, Communication Problems.
You pull standard preventive Maintence.
Definitely fun place to work.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 8, 2012
Pros: no supervision
Cons: heavy workload
Great management!! Too bad I was only a temporary employee.

About GTECH

GTECH will make you happy when your number comes up -- lottery number, that is. One of the world's leading operators of lottery – Read more