GTECH

GTECH Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Low stress environment
n/a (Current Employee), n/aFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: low stress environment
Cons: no real advancement opportunities
Great place to work. Low stress environment. Flexible hours and great health insurance.
not that great!
Bilingual Team Leader (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 27, 2014
typical day at work help customers with lottery issues and their terminal as well as technicians.
Reviewed complaints and helped associates with questions.
Great company to work at corporate.
Field ServiceTechnician (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the company provides vehicle, cell-phone, internet connection and computer.
Cons: the company does not motivate the field services technician.
- It is a great place to work with hundreds of services call every day.

- The employee have the opportunity to learn about new telecommunication technology.

- The field service technician team is composed by excellent people who loves their work.

- The hard part of this jobs is the field services technician have to work in high and low temperature.
Outside Plant Supervisor
Customer Service Representative/Computer Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Responsible for the care of over 300 clients. Responsible for dispatching technicians to customer locations for trouble/installation tickets.
not a sound place to work for
Field Services Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: no free lunch, was supposed too...
Cons: the lies they told to the state that employed them
I learned a lot..
Management was poor
co-workers where and manager racist
doing other peoples work with them taking credit and bonuses for my work.
I learned a lot
Training and opportunities
Control Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: training and opportunities
Training readily available and advancement for people that work hard.
Wonderful Company to Work For
Senior Lottery Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NENovember 25, 2013
Pros: flexibility, work/life balance
Cons: it's a nit pick point, but the compensation is low.
I worked for GTECH for almost 10 years, and I enjoyed every bit of it. The management of the company is very good at taking care of their employees. The pay is a little on the lower side, but they definitely make up for it with the work/life balance they allow.
Fun industry, great learning environment
Consumer Marketing (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 21, 2013
Category leader in gaming and lottery management. Fun industry, great learning environment.
Decent place to work, but very frustrating at times.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), United StatesNovember 11, 2013
Have been happy here overall. I do not wish to write any more in my review at this time.
N/A
Promotions and Training Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Good company to be employed with and they offer wonderful benefits with good compensation.
Good company stable work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Brecksville, OHNovember 2, 2013
Pros: company car, company cell phone, company paid fuel
Cons: limited breaks, high call volume/large work load when bad weather hit, poor choice of company vehicle (dodge sprinter cargo van)
The company in itself is a great company. They treat employees with respect and keep them up to date when concerns arise. Training held is commensurate with industry standard, as they usually bring in outside industry leaders to keep personnel in the know. Local site management leaves something to be desired. They tend to hire people based on qualifications – more... and not knowledge. My typical day at work I would receive all my service calls via text message on my company phone within 30 minutes of my starting my day. I would be responsible for planning my day out according to the call locations. My coworkers were good people that helped to train me, and were always there for assistance if I would need them. The hardest part of my job was dealing all the poor drivers on the road while driving a large commercial van. The one thing I liked most about my job was not having a supervisor or manager standing over the top of me telling me I was doing it wrong. – less
Good Company, Interesting Job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 23, 2013
This was an excellent place to gain experience and learn of new technologies.
Very strong company with excellent ethical standards
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Providence, RIOctober 2, 2013
GTECH is a very good company to work for. They are dedicated to their customers and employees, and are a very ethical and above industry standards corporation.
productive & good work place
Instructor (Current Employee), KLAugust 27, 2013
G TECH helps me to improve knowledge & they provide good working condition
GTECH provides outstanding opportunities and rewards for self-motivated, talented and industrious individuals.
Specific Titles are listed below (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 23, 2013
Pros: watching individuals grow beyond what they expected is extremely motivating, particularly when you are able to celebrate with awards, dinners, and happy hours. the team gets closer and the synergy just explodes.
Cons: the challenges of limited resources and the need to evaluate what will not get done.
GTECH provides a challenging environment to stretch individual skills and experiences in a way that is structured for success.

A typical work day is 90% unpredictable and perfect for those who live for excitement. A sample day could be:

* Re-evaluate the priorities for the day to ensure any developments during the previous night are considered.
* – more... Attend team meetings to provide direction and vision to empower the team to work efficiently toward to goal.
* Engage in/initiate impromptu meetings with customers and stakeholders to understand concerns/expectations/desires and keep open communication.
* Develop creative solutions for change requests during a development stream.
* Manage multiple project budgets within the overall budget to ensure expectations are met.
* Review each aspect of the waterfall lifecycle of each project.
* Provide prompt feedback to individual team members to ensure recognition/constructive feedback/encouragement are appropriately conveyed.
* Coordinate implementation teams to execute according to established deployment processes and compliance with CMMi best practices.

Through this experience, I've learned there is always a solution and anything can be accomplished when you refrain from tunnel vision and invite your resources to collaborate. Everyone has something to contribute and when input is dismissed, you have thrown away a potential opportunity and stunted future contributions.

The culture is that of a family. There are disagreements, laughter, misunderstandings and a tremendous amount of commitment. The people make the job worthwhile.

The hardest part of the job is the tendency to over-extend yourself when the best course of action is to bring in the appropriate resources and bring yourself up another 1,000 feet to evaluate the big picture.

The most rewarding part of the job is to take a customer request that appears to be impossible and turn it into the next great product offering and sharing that experience with your coworkers. – less
fast pace work like not waiting for work
EOG Balancing team (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 13, 2013
I have worked quality control for 6 yrs. I love a face pace work environment and enjoy the challenge. I was a lead for the quality dept at Mckesson. I am a fast learner and not afraid of hard work. I might be a woman but it has never stopped me from doing so called man's work. I have as easy going positive attitude and can work with the most annoying – more... personality. – less
My Life With GTECH
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: heavy workload with very little time off, many work from home while on vacation and are "on call" all night and day.
GTECH pays well and has awesome benefits. They just don't seem to care much for the well-being of their employees. Many are ill and overworked because of their policies.
People great to get along with
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: bonuses, free lunch
Cons: 30 minute lunch, sometimes mandatory overtime during high jackpots
Inbound and Outbound calls from lottery retailers and players.
Learned how the lottery works
Never had a problem with management got along with them just fine
I was accustomed to the co workers around me we definitely got along, sense of humor, we knew when to talk and when to get back to work
the hardest part was communicating with retailers that had – more... English as their second language. The most enjoyable part was getting the issue fixed especially after being on the phone for 30mins sometimes. – less
If you want to learn lottery this is the place to be.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 15, 2013
Room for advancement and opportunities. I would recommend Gtech to anyone looking into learning more about lottery and the equiptment.
fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJuly 5, 2013
Pros: free meals on holidays
Cons: short breaks
people were very nice to work with good benefits ans the company was always work with their employees to keeping happy

About GTECH

GTECH will make you happy when your number comes up -- lottery number, that is. One of the world's leading operators of lottery – Read more