GTECH

GTECH Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Deception and lies
Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2014
Cons: overtime was expected and not paid for.
I moved my entire family from Calgary to Toronto for a Team Lead job with GTECH. Upon arriving, I was told it was a startup project that I was getting into, and that it hadn't actually started yet. Sat in training for 4 months (Actual training was about 3 weeks, we just sat around doing nothing most of the time) Was then let go because I was "unsuitable" – more... , no reason or explanation given. Had to sell my house in caglary, left all my family and friends and spent over 10,000 on relocation (No relocation expenses offered)

Inept management, has no idea how to run a call center, shady HR - Will tell you whatever they can , and then drop you on your head. – less
Great Company to Work!!!
QA Analyst II (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 18, 2014
Pros: on site canteen and great environments
Cons: nothing so far....
I have worked as a QA Analyst II in SPIELO - A GTECH Company 2011-2012. Very nice people and work environments and lots of technical things to learn. People are very helpful and gives lots of rooms to learn new people. This is best company to work in Canada.
Instant Ticket Specialist (Current Employee), Trenton, NJNovember 11, 2014
o The objective of my position is to promote and sell the new instant tickets as well as provide them with the others that’s needed.
o I monitor sales and inventories for lottery promotions.
o In sales it’s not what you say but how you say it, Instead of asking the retailers what they want I let them know what they need.
o I provide support to lottery – more... agents as needed.
o When selling the books of instant tickets instead of asking how many books do you want I inform them that they need 2 or more in their inventory.
o I also like to educate retailers on instant ticket policies and procedures as necessary.
o I manage the inventory of instant tickets by analyzing individual retailer sales histories as well as monitors overall instant ticket field inventories in order to maximize the products’ sale potential.
o I get 80% of retailers to activate books that’s been sitting in their inventory as well as sell them books they thought was unnecessary . – less
Great Work Environment
Sales, Merchandising, and Bus. Development Mgr (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 29, 2014
• Led 8-person North Region SMBD Team to record sales of Texas Lottery® products
• Built retailer relationships with 8,400 retailers
• Directed Team on new retailer prospecting and corporate account development
productive, fast work-environment, learn something new everyday.
IT Specialist II (Helpdesk) (Current Employee), West Greenwich, RIOctober 14, 2014
We handle calls from Internal employee with different issues and we will try to help resolve in a timely manner but if needed to we would escalated to the proper group. everyday there is always something new you will learn in this work space and that's what i enjoyed about this job. Even though we don't work with the employee face to face it still gives – more... me a smile when i hear through the phone that they are satisfied with the services with provided to them. – less
Fast-paced Environment, Pressure-Cooker at Times
SENIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: lovely cityscape
Cons: no free parking
Innovation is encouraged. I have been involved in several stretch assignments that have expanded my experiences.
It was not a conducive work environment.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
The management team are not qualified for the positions they are in so when they make mistakes, which happens often as they are not qualified for the position, the employees under their management have to suffer.
Great company that invests in employee growth
Field Service Director (Former Employee), USAugust 18, 2014
GTECH was a great place to work to learn about the Lottery industry and gain experience. They invest in their employees when interest is shown in areas of the business. It requires hard work to be successful but the leadership is fair and consistent in their approach.
Exciting experience, contracting for NC lottery
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: lunch meetings, communicating with customers, being able to tag along with equipment installers and the repair team
This call center was fast paced and exciting. I entered the job working with about 20 other employees. After one year, I was promoted to a lead customer services representative, where I was able to assist employees with disgruntle customers and also perform Quality Assurance on employees to make sure they took care of customer needs appropriately
fun place to work
Commercial Finance Manager (Current Employee), LondonAugust 6, 2014
Every day is different as new projects come across your desk. Very international company which is great exposure.
GTECH
Multimedia Developer (Current Employee), West Greenwich, RIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: work from home available
Excellent company to work for, been with GTECH for 6 years. I enjoy the work that I do and the customers that I work with.
Great Culture interesting industry
Business Evaluation Director (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Great Culture interesting industry, alot of changes occurring which meant that it was a busy but rewarding environment
Solid well paying job
Slot Technician (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great pay, security, and compensation
Cons: difficult to advance from slot technician
Typical day consists of: handling guest disputes, reviewing large payouts with management, replacing faulty hardware, confirming software settings, checking printer paper in thousands of slot machines, cleaning frequently used machine parts, logging all work. I gained a vast amount of hands on knowledge while working as a slot technician with GTECH. – more... A minimal amount of computer knowledge is required, however, once employed you can choose to expand your knowledge or get by with what you know. – less
Like Clock Work
Control Room Operator (Current Employee), Cranston, RIJune 19, 2014
Pros: really nice people who don't mind giving advice and giving insight into there past experiences, there is always room to learn something new
Cons: some days it may be boring and quiet
A typical day at work includes: Arriving at 6:00 AM and begin the Daily Checklist. The Checklist is a tool that provides time sensitive tasks that need to be completed everyday. This tasks include
• Completed Intelligen Daily checklist
o Perform System Balancing (Verify system main frames are synchronized)
o GX Vision (Monitors if Products are Live, – more... Reprocessing or Ready)
• Verify that the status of each product matches the status on the checklist.
o Daily Automated/Manual Task Checks
o Check Backups
▪ That server is being backed up to tape
o NFS (Network File System) - Needs to be mounted
• Check Database space (not over 80%)
o File system Space
▪ Table Space
• How many days the each server has been running since reboot.
• Check if Apache (web server application) is running
o How many days Apache has been running without reboot
• Sweeps and Tickets

o Receive a calls from Casino Cash rooms notifiting us that they have exported files known as Sweeps and Tickets
▪ Sweep – Financial Documentation of revenue collected by a Vendor of VLT’s (Video Lottery Terminals)
▪ Tickets - Amount of credits withdrawn from cash out ticket.
o Connect to RIVSFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol)
▪ RIVSFTP – Acts like a medium between the Casino and The Control Room
▪ Enter into the Video GUI that pulls and processes information from FSTP.
o Lastly call and notify Casino that their files have been processed and wait for the next batch
o This is done around four or more times a day per Casino

• Backing up Server Information onto Tapes
o Enter Portal (RIVUTL1) Remote Access to Server
▪ And launch RIVESTE 1-4 (Mainframe Servers) RIVDGDB 1, 3, 4 (Stores specific financial data) RIVABI 1-2 (Stores larger amounts of specific financial data)
▪ Enter in command line
• Send commands to server to begin the backup process
▪ When completed take a screen shot and document end times in the VideoLog.xls
• Storing Backup Tapes
o Once backup has finished
▪ Go into server room and collect tapes and cases

• Security Exceptions
o Intelligen GUI (Video system Graphic User Interface)
▪ Generate Security Exception Report
• A report of Issues or significant events that the VLT has detected
▪ Document the Security Exceptions in the VideoLog.xls
▪ Email technicians the Security Exceptions of Twin River and or Newport Grand
• As well as a call to their office to notify them that the security exceptions have been sent

• Verify Keno and Bingo are Running
o Go on RILOT.com
▪ Search the winning numbers
• Confirm that keno is populating every 4 or minutes
• Confirm that Bingo is populating every 8 minutes
• Generator Check
o Go outside to Generator
▪ Open left door make sure that the values listed on sheet are equal or close to those on the generator it self
▪ Open right door check fuel gauge on floor and do a visual inspection for fuel leaks
• Throughout the day continue to monitor
o RI Cranston Ops Inbox for New Requests
o Check and verify Video & Online ROBO’s 1&2 (Error Monitoring Tools) for error messages every hour

And after all theses basic thins we have to take calls from both Venues mainly pertaining to VLT disabled, enables, snapshots and or Disable for sweep. – less
A good place to learn Lottery systems
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), West Greenwich RIMay 30, 2014
A typical day usually brings you in contact with many individuals or varoius backgrounds
Great enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee), GeorgiaMay 21, 2014
Great place to work, great enviroment, have been here for years, great benefits and 3% 401k Match. No raises and low pay
Decent Workplace with Good Benefits and Decent Pay
Lottery Sales Rep/ Operational Specialist (Current Employee), New York,NY Jamesburg, NJMay 14, 2014
Pros: good healtcare coverage, expenses covered
Cons: micromanaging in the wrong places, unorganized & non-professional, glass ceilings
Great Company to create longevity if you are stationary and only plan to do minimal advancement. Some Glass Ceilings but overall a good company. Great Benefits. Salary decent/even combined with Vehicle, Gas and Toll covered, depending on position. I'd recommend for someone looking for simple stable job/career in account management.
Outstanding management and co-workers. Fantastic learning environment.
Repair Logistics Technician II (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 6, 2014
Daily responsibilities are managed by employee to provide the output necessary for the company. Learned satellite installation, terminal repair, equipment tracking abilities.
NOC
Network Technician-Full time (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: days off
Cons: under used, no advancement, and no raises
I monitor satellite, MPLS, and cellular networks to ensure connectivity. When issues arise, I am the first line for troubleshooting. Once I have rreached my limits due to permissions, I then engage the engineer support group whom I stay engaged with until resolution
Enjoyable work and team
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNApril 26, 2014
It is very cool to work with GTECH.I have learnt many testing techniques in this. JIRA tool has been introduced while working with it and it is very useful for bug tracking. Enjoyed each and everyday. Overall team is so helping which makes us things understand better.

1 2 3 4 5

About GTECH

GTECH will make you happy when your number comes up -- lottery number, that is. One of the world's leading operators of lottery – Read more