The Human Resources Coordinator position provides support to the Human Resources function on a part-time basis in the areas of Recruiting, Payroll and Benefits Administration, general HR support and employee engagement. This position is best suited to candidates that excel in a fast-paced environment, enjoy challenges, are results-driven and would naturally contribute to the inspiring and positive work environment at Grouse River.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Support the recruiting function by advertising job postings, completing reference checks, and preparing job offer documentation as directed by Human Resources Manager
- Complete all responsibilities related to Payroll Administration for a semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salaried staff, using an automated payroll system
- Complete all responsibilities related to Benefits Administration
- Provide general HR administration support and assist with HR projects and reporting, as required
- Coordinate recognition for birthdays and anniversaries; manage health and wellness programs
- In conjunction with Human Resources Manager, organize staff events
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Min 2 years of experience in a similar role (*including payroll administration*)
- Must have experience with automated payroll processing systems
- Post- secondary education in HR or a related field
- Ability to manage competing priorities and able to manage time effectively
- Strong user of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Passion for the outdoors is a definite asset
- Experience in a rapidly growing organization, an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Have we caught your attention?
If you are interested in joining a company that wants to create a great experience not only for its customers but also its employees, then please send us your resume. As we have a number of positions currently available, please include a cover letter that indicates the position for which you are applying. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Grouse River
Grouse River is a full-service outdoors retailer featuring equipment for camping, hunting and outdoor pursuits including associated optics, electronics, outerwear and footwear. Our positions offer a challenge in a fast growing BC company that offers potential for advancement.
Our organization is comprised of a group of highly dedicated, hardworking employees who are committed to pursuing excellence on daily basis. It is our mission to attract, reward and retain talented people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives every day. You can learn more about Grouse River at www.GrouseRiver.com.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.