WANT TO WORK IN A REWARDING ENVIRONMENT AND LOVE WHAT YOU DO?
Shipping & Receiving Assistant
Grouse River, BC’s Best Outdoors Store is expanding its Kelowna’s retail location, and we are looking for a Shipping & Receiving Assistant.
If you have a passion for the outdoors, previous success working in Shipping and Receiving, and are looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment, then we want to talk to you!
We take our relationships with our employees to heart and are interested in applicants that have one! We’re in the business of providing exceptional service and to deliver it we depend on employees that care deeply about our customer experience. Sound interesting? Then you should also know that…
Grouse River Offers:
- Personalized development planning
- Participation in a profit sharing program
- Educational assistance
- Healthy living and fitness benefits plus group benefits
- A generous employee discount
The Shipping and Receiving Assistant is responsible for the reception, distribution and allocation of all inventories, including the organization and logistics associated with product warehousing. This position places an emphasis on upholding and enhancing the customer experience by maximizing inventory efficiency.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Accurately receive and allocate all products to their appropriate location within established timelines
- Generate clearance, PO and in-stock reports
- Ensure all outbound packages reach their intended destination in a manner that ensures the complete satisfaction of the recipient
- Maintain a high level of communication with, and coordinate activities between, sales and customer service reps to ensure all customer orders and customer warranty issues can be completed within established timelines
- Minimize inventory related errors by maintaining the warehouse area in a manner that is conducive to space maximization, as well as product identification and allocation. This includes the labelling of products as well as organization of all pending orders and in-store pick-up orders.
Ideal candidates possess the following qualifications and experience:
- 1 year experience in warehousing or stock clerical work
- High School Diploma
- Basic mathematical skills
- Valid restricted firearms possession and acquisition licence (PAL)
- Strong organization skills
- The ability to lift moderate to heavy products on a constant basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Above average attention to detail
- Product knowledge is an asset
- A passion for outdoor pursuits is a definite asset
Have we caught your attention?
If you are interested in joining a company that wants to create a great experience not only for its customers but also its employees, then please send your resume to Grouse River. Please include a cover letter that indicates the position you are applying for and that outlines how you see yourself adding value to Grouse River. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Grouse River
Grouse River is a full-service outdoors retailer featuring equipment for camping, hunting and outdoor pursuits including associated optics, electronics, outerwear and footwear. Our positions offer a challenge, and you will be responsible for hitting aggressive business targets in a fast growing BC company that offers potential for advancement.
Our organization is comprised of a group of highly dedicated, hardworking employees who are committed to pursuing excellence on daily basis. It is our mission to attract, reward and retain talented people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives every day. You can learn more about Grouse River at www.GrouseRiver.com.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.