WANT TO WORK IN A REWARDING ENVIRONMENT AND LOVE WHAT YOU DO?
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Grouse River, BC’s Best Outdoors Store is expanding its Kelowna retail location, and we are looking for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager.
If you have a passion for the outdoors, previous success with administrative and office management responsibilities and are looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment, then we want to talk to you!
We take our relationships with our employees to heart and are interested in applicants that have one! We’re in the business of providing exceptional service and to deliver it we depend on employees that care deeply about our customer experience. Sound interesting?
Then you should also know that…
Grouse River Offers:
- Personalized development planning
- Participation in a profit sharing program
- Educational assistance
- Healthy living and fitness benefits plus group benefits
- A generous employee discount
The Executive Assistant/ Office Manager is responsible for providing a high standard of administrative support to the President and ensuring effective and efficient management of all office processes and requirements. This position is best suited to candidates that excel in a fast-paced environment, enjoy challenges, are results-driven and would naturally contribute to the inspiring and positive work environment at Grouse River.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Provide a high level of administrative support to the President
- Update and maintain President’s calendar, book meetings and ensure President has any materials required for those meetings
- Manage travel arrangements
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and staff events
- Anticipate issues/needs and take appropriate action; advise President of upcoming priorities
- Prepare Expense Reports for President
- Prepare reports and provide support on projects, as required
- Establish and maintain office procedures, manage files, and organize office equipment maintenance and procurement
- Support the onboarding of new hires by coordinating supplies, hardware, desk space, etc. as required
- Ensure effective management of office supplies
- Manage incoming calls and mail
- Provide general support to Human Resources and Accounting
- Perform all administrative duties in a confidential and professional manner
Ideal candidates possess the following qualifications and experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Post- secondary education in a related field
- Detail oriented
- Proactive thinking and demonstrated initiative
- Able to work effectively under limited supervision in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills; ability to successfully multitask and meet required deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
Have we caught your attention?
If you are interested in joining a company that wants to create a great experience not only for its customers but also its employees, then please email your resume to us. Please include a cover letter that indicates the position you are applying for and that outlines how you see yourself adding value to Grouse River. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Grouse River
Grouse River is a full-service outdoors retailer featuring equipment for camping, hunting and outdoor pursuits including associated optics, electronics, outerwear and footwear. Our positions offer a challenge and you will be responsible for hitting aggressive business targets in a fast growing BC company that offers potential for advancement.
Our organization is comprised of a group of highly dedicated, hardworking employees who are committed to pursuing excellence on daily basis. It is our mission to attract, reward and retain talented people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives every day. You can learn more about Grouse River at www.GrouseRiver.com.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.