Grouse Mountain Employee Reviews

Fun work place with great people
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC10 September 2016
Grouse is a fun place to work with the majority of staff being fun and welcoming people. Great for anyone travelling or part time students.
Pros
Social, great views
Cons
low pay
A good start up job
Dishwasher/food prep/cook trainee (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC14 July 2016
Every day I would come in, and get straight to work, sweeping the floor, helping the earlier shift catch up or assisting the chefs in whatever task they need done. I worked like that right up until end shift or closing. Thinking back, the work itself wasn't all that bad, stressful at times, fun being on the move constantly is good for the brain.

I learned about spacial relations, and being a part of a team to get one end goal.

The management was quite honestly terrible. Not a single one of the upper chefs cared about the dishwashers, or cared when they spoke up about issues. In fact, one of them would encourage harassment onto me, getting people to hit me over the head with metal objects.

The co-workers came and went, the people who stayed there a long time went a little stir crazy with the kitchens atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job was keeping a smile on my face, knowing that some of the worst kinds of people where there. The most enjoyable part of the job was working hard.
Pros
pay is alright, free food.
Cons
terrible management
terrible work environment
cook (Former Employee) –  kitchen10 November 2015
terrible management in kitchen.Work hours fluctuates ridiculously. The kitchen is poorly ran by inexperienced chefs.
fun fun fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC28 September 2015
rly nice place to work. good people, good managers. love everyone there.
It's a place where you will want to work
but at the same time you don't want to spend your day there.
Pros
it's grouse mountain
Cons
super far away
fun and friendly work environment. Best job ive had.
ski resort Canada, Rental Technician (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, Canada4 August 2015
Grouse mountain rental staff were fun and easy going. It was a great working environment with lots of perks. Management were friendly and easy to talk to. Great work experience.
Pros
free snowboarding and skiing, free hot chocolate.
Comfortable, welcoming environment that allowed me to use my customer service skills
Rentals service staff employee (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 April 2014
Grouse Mountain was a fantastic job for many reasons. First of all, the friendly working environment allows all employees to enjoy their time at work throughout the toughest work day. Working in the rentals shop gave me the chance to really use my customer service skills. I chose not to continue through the summer due to the long daily commute.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
long commute
Great Staff, need higher wages and advancement in career
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC23 November 2013
Love the job and the staff I work with. Management treats staff decent but there needs to be more changes for staff advancement as well as higher wages.
ski / snowboard Instructor
Ski / Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 April 2012
Teaching / learning Ski and Snowboard

Free Seasons pass

Enjoy the snow

meet now people
Pros
free seasons pass
Cons
cold weather