Groupon

Groupon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fast-Paced Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: make my own schedule
Cons: work a lot more than 40 hours a week and constantly being available
A typical day at work was having a few meetings throughout the day to discuss current projects, any rollout issues, bug fixes, new improvement requests, and making sure everyone is on task for the project to be completed on time and perfectly.
Vibrant company with young, hard working professionals
Area Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
A typical day at Groupon involves the entire sales process. You have the opportunity to generate leads, evaluate a prospect, discover pain points, create/propose a solution, and close all in the same day.

I have learned and honed my sales process skills while working at Groupon. The most important quality I have developed is my ability to be consultative – more... in my sales approach.

Management allows autonomy provided that you deliver on your monthly goals.

Working at Groupon allows you to interact with incredibly intelligent and driven young minds. Having the opportunity to see strategies and ideas from so many different perspectives really helped me grow as a salesperson.

The hardest part of the job is finding the opportunity to grow based on the tools provided. The newly adopted business strategies have made it difficult for less-tenured representatives to find success.

The most enjoyable part is the culture at the office. The young professionals you get to work with on a daily basis make it easy to come to work every day. – less
Friendly environment company
Product sales (Current Employee), Petaling, M10November 6, 2014
A cultural company that includes workers are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is they will give the chance to let you involve in a event, give you a chance to organize a event with your teammates.
A fun place to work
Picking and Packing (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2014
This place made you want to come to work. They played music and allowed you to enter a sweepstakes every so often. They would give away awesome prizes. I liked working with the staff and seeing new product on the floor.
motivation of staff
Customer Services Executive (Former Employee), londonOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free fruits 2 days per week
Cons: normal working hours 8 - 5pm
like working for the company and the team is good. I enjoyed working for the company but my department is going to be outsourced
Productive fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Its a great company to work for .But they do have some un realistic goals for their teams to meet .
Great company
Activations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free snacks, great culture
Cons: pay, lack of advancement opportunities
Groupon is a great company with a very rich & fun culture. Some of the toughest parts about the job involve the lack of potential advancement and little pay.
Travelling through the country.
Senior Sales- Area (Former Employee), TourismSeptember 29, 2014
The hardest partof the job was travelling each week to a diferent province. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting new people and lifestyles every month.
Great company to work for.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Somewhat of a disconnect from outside sells and inside sells reps.
If upper management didn't suck, this place would be great.
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free drinks and coffee, chances for free lunches, the culture.
Cons: upper-management
On the phones, in front of a computer all day. Job amenities were great, colleagues and people are great, but some of the management is pretty horrible. Aside for a select few exemplary individuals who supervised the individual teams, upper managements could care less about their employees as long as they are making money. Have been discriminated and – more... singled out, and also felt under-appreciated for work. The best part is the overall environment with the people you meet. – less
Comfortable Atmosphere
Marketing Business Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
I only worked here as an intern, which was very interesting because I got the chance to partially see how the marketing business operates.
Groupon Review
Senior Regional Operations Analyst (Current Employee), LondonSeptember 15, 2014
As a new starter business, Groupon has been constantly chaging and evolving. This has helped me to develop and improve new and existing skills and has given me the freedom to work on my own and with a team. Team has been great to work with and is always encouraging personal growth. I look forward to working with a diverse group of people.
Great fun place to work
Resolutions Team Manager (Current Employee), LondonAugust 9, 2014
Groupon has been a great place to work and given me a good grounding in many aspects of business.
Great work from home position
Senior Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee), Washington Township, NJJuly 14, 2014
I absolutely love the work from home aspect of this position.
Very laid back and caring when it comes to rude customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: internet access all day
Cons: temporary position
I generally like working for groupon. You have your call quota to make for the day. However, its alot of the same work. I'd like to change it up. As a temporary employee though an agency, theres a disconnect between full-time employees and temp (part-time) workers.
Ok company
Senior Outside Account Executive (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: good base, good technology and tools.
Cons: not much support, turnover, shrinking market share
Company is struggling in general, makes it hard to achieve sales goals. 100% remote, little support. Good base salary.
Productive and fun
Senior Strategy & Insights Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2014
Pros: free beverages!
Cons: meeting rooms that are difficult to find
Great place to work! Innovative and dynamic environment that is developing, learning and growing in a solid direction.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Hebron, KYMay 29, 2014
Warehouse Associate at Groupon.

• Industrial duties i.e. cherry picking and packaging items.
• Shipping packages and supplying coworkers with tools for completing assigned duties in a timely manner.
• Provides maintenance on the factory floor to ensure smooth business production
A fun place to work
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2014
Working at Groupon as a Group Fitness Instructor was fun for me. They like the way I kept things fresh and tried new things everyday. They were also very grateful for the knowledge I'd share keeping it very simple to understand.
Looking for job in HR
HR Generalist Trainee (Former Employee), Chennai, TNMay 2, 2014
I have handful of experience in the field of hr. I've done two internships during my academic peried where I got good professional exposure

1 2 3 4 5

About Groupon

Careers at Groupon We’re making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We’re changing – Read more