Groupon

Groupon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible Place To Work
Outside Sales (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaMarch 11, 2015
I've been working at Groupon for the past two years in Outside Sales.
A terrible place to work. Very unstable. I've had 5 Managers in two years. The sales quotas constantly change without warning. There are no new sales programs for us to offer merchants. The commission structure is terrible. Deals are not selling as well as previously.
Fun workplace
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: fun work place
very unique work environment, can be a bit heavy on the micro managing side of things. Very fast paced, very diverse, work stations rotate regularly to keep things upbeat.
Underpaid, overworked
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2015
Groupon likes to hire fresh college students that are not aware of what they should be paid for the amount of work for which they are held accountable. Certain VP's have said in large meetings, "Your chair is more valuable than you are" and "I don't care if you like the product, if you're not selling it we don't need you".

Not always the most enthralling place to work for an experienced person.
Very youthful and fun but competitive environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
Pros: very casual environment
Cons: difficult to thrive
The days can be very long and can be very rewarding. I learned sales techniques that were effective and applicable to other aspects of my life. The Groupon culture is unlike any other and is extremely fulfilling. It is full of highs and lows; it takes a lot of strength to remain even-keeled. I loved my coworkers and the motivations we received as a team.
The team is so fun
Back Office, customer service (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, BMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches and beer fridays
Cons: so far to my home
Beginning at 9am and reviewed the queries of customers , I attend complaints by phone and then take bookings per system.
Vouchers and tasks performed aftermarket .
Productive and fun place to work
Content Writer (Former Employee), BangaloreMarch 2, 2015
Productive and fun place to work with excellent work life balance.
Recognition for the talented team players
Good and friendly management
Dramatically worse as time goes on
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: lax dress code, good co-workers
Cons: terrible & inconsistent compensation plans for sales staff
Groupon used to be great, but those days are over. Compensation plans are CONSTANTLY changing, the only consistent aspect of the comp is that its always sub-par from any relative industry standards. The company has become a terrible place to work, employees are continually growing more and more disillusioned, management adheres to a activity metrics driven environment over results.
Was a well managed company with good vision
Vice President - Operations (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 24, 2015
Was a fantastic company to work for with great vision and direction from the Management.
Unfortunately things have changed with involvement from Groupon International and also internal uncertainity.
Groupon
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I have really enjoyed working for groupon. I have learned a lot from my co-workers and supervisor. They have allowed me to challenge myself. The experience is priceless and I have learned how to maintain relationships with clients and franchises.
Senior Leader
Senior Vice President of Sales (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Lead sales and operations for the Central and Southeast regions. 10 Managers and 145 sales reps.

Manage goals and KPIs
Drive production
Create vision for sales organization
Fast Paced Environment
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits, unlimited time off
Everyday is different. Groupon is constantly changing. From the site to the internal structure. To work here you must be willing to go with the flow.
Great Benefits, Unlimited time off
Not a bad first job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: people, casual dress code and training is great.
Cons: pay is not great but it is an entry level job
Coming out of college not a bad first job but there a lot of better companies to work for. The work life balance isn't great but could be much worse.
best work ever
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), /san Juan , PRJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: opportunities of growing
Cons: sometime the management does not want to listen to your ideas.
WAs the best work I have ever worked !
WAs very rough but the people and culture were great. The company respect your personality.
Secretery/Clerk
Clerk Inventory (Former Employee), Edison, NJDecember 30, 2014
As a inventory clerk my day consist of calling clients to verify their orders are correct and match it with our inventory. I would receive inventory and count them to verify the product amount matches with what we had on our system and store the product once the inventory is performed.

As a secretary I did a lot of heavy filing and phone calls. I would call clients regarding their order to verify delivery date or pick up.
Do not work here
Account Representative (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 30, 2014
Pros: terrible free coffee.
Cons: everything else.
Groupon does a great job at having a training program that feels like college all over again, they do this to hide the fact that once you get out of it there is little job security, no money to be made, and you are constantly micromanaged. You will get a few emails a day from your boss who sits right next to you to do better, then a couple G-chats asking if you can commit to doing better, then finally a meeting or two where you will be asked to do more.

The "senior" salespeople hate the job, but can't leave it because they are making easy money, the new salespeople have to grind 10 hours a day everyday to pick up the scraps of businesses no one else cared about because they won't make money.

As far as job security goes there is none, as it is cheaper to make the work environment terrible for new people so they quit, rather than actually investing in them and foster a comfortable work environment to encourage people to stay.

At Groupon there are two segments of people, people who got in before the bubble popped on making money (2 or more years) and the never ending rotation of people who quit prior to making it one year.

This job is horrible. Run.
No micro managing, fun environment
Deal Qualifier (Former Employee), chicagoDecember 29, 2014
Awesome Company to work for with great management! It's a very young environment and makes work feel less like work and more like a college campus. Open floor plan made it even better to interact with different teams and departments
Great place to start out of college
Account Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2014
Fun atmosphere. No real dress code. High activity driven sales. Don't miss your monthly sales quota. Great entry level job, but compensation could be better. Be open to changes, as they will happen every other day as the company is still young and trying to grow.
Great training and Knowledgeable stafff
Customer Servce (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2014
Customer service work isn't the most stimulating job in the world, but Groupon did a great job making us feel comfortable and motivated. The office culture was relaxed, the management was accessible, and the coffee was bottomless.
Very disorganized
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2014
Pros: unlimited sick/vacation time
Cons: lack of leadership
I love the idea of Groupon, but the company as a whole lacks accountable leadership at just about every level. Don't come here hoping to be in a great company. Most of the leadership is very young and lacks leadership, people skills and experience.There are people that care and work hard but you are on your own most of the time with very little support. They often will not back fill positions for months on end so they can look better on paper for quarterly reports. This causes huge support gaps for our customers and creates frustration among employees and customers. They have paid me late several times and still owe thousands in back compensation. Just a bad experience over-all unfortunately.
Eh...
Account Manager/Member of Re-engagement Team (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere.
Cons: high stress level.
fun place to work and you could really meet some amazing people, but it's hard to sell a product that the majority just do not want in a constrained time frame.

1 2 3 4 5

About Groupon

Careers at Groupon We're making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We're changing the way merchants – Read more