A career with AJW Technique presents driven, flexible and intelligent individuals with an opportunity to become part of a world-leading component and maintenance business as it grows.
A role with AJW Technique offers an exciting future in the ever-changing field of global aviation. We are actively looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join our dynamic team. We welcome applicants with valuable experience in the aviation and/or aerospace industry.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the design and management of upstream supply flows. This will include planning optimized flows between our suppliers and the plant, the procurement and supply chain management of incoming materials and components to satisfy the plant’s production demand, and the optimization and management of raw materials inventory.
- Source and procure components and materials in accordance with the Production Schedule.
- Analyse demand requirements, generate, track and close purchase orders.
- Negotiate optimal prices and delivery of materials to balance satisfying plant demand requirements and inventory optimization targets.
- Manage the ongoing flows of orders and changing demand requirements between our plant and the suppliers.
- Manage and drive resolution to supply issues.
- Drive supply chain continuous improvement activities & implementation of best practices.
- Form and maintain relationship with suppliers.
- Liaise between various departments such as engineering, production, finance and supplier
- Maintain and update ERP system
- Business, purchasing, supply chain, operations management or related education certificate, diploma or degree.
- Minimum 2 years supply chain/purchasing experience
- Excellent data analysis skills, proficient in using excel for data analysis and charting. ERP system experience.
- Innovative with excellent judgment and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal savvy; superior teamwork skills, conflict management/composure and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Proactive, a planner & organized, takes the initiative & follows-up
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred.
All resumes will be held in confidence. We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.