The candidate will work with multiple Middleware technologies. Websphere MQ V6, V7
- Installation, upgrade and patching of MQ on a variety of Operating Systems.
- Create and configure MQ channels, queues, and other MQ objects.
- Install and configure MQ Clients on multiplatform.
- Set up SSL communications between MQ servers and MQ clients to MQ servers.
- Monitor MQ environments. Create necessary documentation to build, administer, and support all environments.
The position requires a high degree of interaction with application development teams and as a result, superior communication skills are essential. Responsibilities also include training the middleware support team members.
Other Position Responsibilities
1. Provide 24/7 primary systems Middleware support for systems involved in the architecture.
2. Develop Document and Deploy Standards and Procedures to comply with Audit, Configuration, Industry and Security baselines.
3. Lend development, tuning & optimization expertise to application development and support teams on an ah-hoc or continual basis.
4. Proactively monitor all Middleware related systems utilizing vendor supplied and BNP Paribas standard tools.
5. Maintain complete inventory, configuration and documentation of deployed systems and supported apps.
6. Work with the Engineering Teams on various Middleware related projects
7. Work within the project management framework defined for IT Production North America.
8. Cross train members of the Middleware team in all responsibilities and maintain a daily and weekly rotation schedule for these.
9. Liaise with application and business clients to gather requirements, design and deploy standard systems which clearly differentiate between production, development, UAT/QA, and DR.
10. Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development teams and business users to make corrections and mitigate risks.
11. Ensure that all systems are backed up & monitored according to business requirements & notify the data owners upon failures.
12. Ensure optimal resilience of deployed systems and meet all disaster recovery and compliance requirements dictated by the business.
13. Maintain top-notch technical skills & business knowledge through proactive self-learning in addition to any formal instructor-led training
14. Interface with external vendors in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues.
15. Supporting the business on-call after business hours and weekends on a rotation basis for Siteminder/IDM