Groupe Dynamite Inc.

Groupe Dynamite Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun workplace - Good Salary - Weekend job
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2016
Groupe Dynamite is a great place to work as they allow me to only work weekends which coincides perfectly with my schedule as a student.

I do not see my co-workers during my work hours since i am the only technical support employee on the weekends, however my co-workers are fun to work with and very professional.

I have learned a lot about customer service working at Groupe Dynamite as well as important parts of the retail industry.

My managers are good people who take my education very seriously and don't mind giving me days off if they know i have exams coming up.
Pros
Good salay
Cons
Repetitive
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 14, 2016
Great team values. Excellent training, coaching and development plans for all employees, when executed properly by Store Managers. Great benefits and rewards. Long hours and flexibility in work hours a must for management.
Great learning experience
Co-manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2016
I spend six years with Groupe Dynamite and within that time I grew considerably. I have a very detailed sense of what works best for a business and for it's employees. On a daily basis, my job was very structured and there were always deadlines to be met and goals to be achieved which made my job very organized. The hardest part of my job was to meet the companies high standards in regards to shrink, budgeted hours and visual standards. The part I find the best is the same as I find the hardest. I love being pushed and I am constantly motivated to reach high expectations.
Pros
always learning a growing
Cons
burn out
love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ONSeptember 15, 2016
I love doing: stock, cash, customer service, great staff, okay hours, nice discount, great team atmosphere, black out periods not unreadable
Pros
great dynamoc
Cons
not alot of hours
productive, fun workplace and great team
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 7, 2016
-keeps me on my toes when it gets busy
-able to take on management skills when needed
-love my team and co-workers
-love interacting with the customers and helping them out
Dynamite Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioAugust 19, 2015
Upon clocking in I receive a "one minute" meeting from the current MOD about new in store promotions, new arrivals, and if I made my targets for the last week.

As the cashier, I get counted on my till and set up the cash desk the way I would like it. If I am opening I open the tills, and if I am closing I close the tills and do the deposits both with a manager at hand. I then clean and size my section while pertaining to customers. I help put the clothes away from the fitting rooms.

We work together as a team to make sure the store stays in order and that the customers receive excellent service from everyone.
As the cashier, I cash out the customers inform them of our in store promotions, and tell them about our surveys to save fifteen percent off their next purchase.
Pros
Meeting different customers
Cons
shift work, not many hours
Very successful and continues to grow
Regional Loss Prevention Auditor (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 4, 2015
Great company-

great stores
love the creativity of the HO
always investing in the employees
creating new jobs for all experties
Excellent
Regional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 1, 2015
Excellent corporate culture and very accomodating to working families and dynamics. Easy to manage work life balance
High turnover, low pay high expectations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Stay on the sales floor and assist customers with sizes and dressing rooms. Monitor cash registers efficiency and make money drops to the bank when necessary. Coach in sales staff and give them their individual productivity goals. Re-fold all display tables and straighten all display racks throughout the day. When closing, do a thorough clean up with staff. Balance cash registers and shut down all computers.

Retail is a very demanding industry with low payout. Most managers are immature and the staff has a high turnover rate. The hours are sporadic and staff have to work on holidays. The best part of retail is developing a thick skin, because customers can be very difficult.
Pros
discounted merchandise
Cons
low pay
Skills and Growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Fun place to work, great management, if you're willing to learn and accept guidance, the company is very supportive. Lots of opportunities, and you will make lots of lasting relationships.
Pros
employee discount, job opportunities
Great place and people
Team Leader of Const.Dept. (Project Management) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 12, 2013
Fast pace environment, great for learning and exposure. Gained much experienced and evolved through to management. Traveled from coast to coast and to the US extensively. dealing with jet lag and time zone is a challenge. Very much enjoyed m coworkers.
Pros
take on as much as you can
Cons
could use more structure
Good starter job
Customer services representative (Current Employee) –  Montreal QCOctober 30, 2012
I have worked for this company a little over a year. In general, i do not have anything negative to say about the people and work place. I have enjoyed my time here, but am looking for a job where my professional skills will be showcased and appreciated.
Good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2013
This company does a great job at providing incentives to employees who make budget.
The training process is good, and allows trainees to learn at a comfortable paste.
Pros
good expreience
Cons
can be tedious, not enough hours alotted to part timers
Dynamic Company
Senior Real Estate Lease Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
Great environment for individuals looking for longevity in a company.
Not Bad
Sales (Former Employee) –  CanadaAugust 2, 2015
This is the first retail store I actually liked working at. To be honest, I do not like working retail.

Dynamite has a nice training program. I was trained on most things in a little over a few days but still not fully trained... so that's a little disorganized.

The managers are great, and I like them all, but why does one store need four managers?

Not enough hours as there's 20+ girls working at one location.
Love the discount, cute clothes and good quality.
Sales aren't pressured on you like most places. It's more relaxed I find.

It gets a little boring though, with such repetitive tasks... but I cant ask for much working in retail.

Cash register is really outdated and takes a long time to do some transactions.. especially some returns.

THe only thing I didn't like about it was the mandatory meetings, which were always on a Sunday at night. For most people, it's fine but for people like me, who have another job in the mornings and having to commute to work all the time, it just isn't feasible.

I don't see myself moving up in this company. I don't plan to work in retail, but even if I wanted to this wouldn't be the place to embark on your retail management journey.

Over all, I like the company and what it stands for. They treat their employees well and we get free stuff sometimes too.

Edit: I also forgot, the back room was absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen. It looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the first day the store opened up. Dust everywhere, moldy drinks, completely disorganzied. I know it's small, but I've worked in smaller
  more... kitchen restaurants that were cleaner than that.  less
Pros
discount, great atmosphere, coworkers, free stuff, location
Cons
not that many hours, too many employees, outdated cash system
tres mauvaise compagnie
Gérante Centre Eaton Montreal (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2016
pas de support du superviseur
surcharge de travail
compagnie mal organisée
surplus d heures de travail non payés
Culture d'entreprise très présente
Stagiaire en prévention des pertes (Former Employee) –  MontréalAugust 18, 2016
Très belle esprit d'équipe, belle ambiance de travail. Avantages conccurentiels
Environnement de travail stimulant
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Ste-DorothéeAugust 6, 2015
En plus d'effectuer l'ouverture du magasin, je devais m'assurer du respect de l'image de marque, de diriger les employés sur leurs postes et tâches durant leurs quarts de travail, couvrir le plancher et offrir un service à la clientèle hors pair, vérifier les stocks disponibles sur les étalages et remplir au besoin.

Groupe Dynamite à toujours favoriser l'avancement des membres de son équipe et c'est pourquoi il offre un coaching réguliers et plusieurs formations variées. La possibilités d'être envoyé dans d'autres magasins ouvre aussi beaucoup de portes côté opportunité de carrière.
Pros
nombreux avantages sociaux
Cons
évaluations strictes de mes collègues a faire
tres bonne environnement de travail
Étalagiste senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2015
Dynamite est une entreprise jeune et dynamique et qui est tres structurer .Tres belle philosophie d entreprise et ils offres de bon avantage sociaux et les salaire sont bien parcontre ils en demandent beaucoup plus qu ailleurs je parle par experience .Suite a un accident de travail j ai vraiment vu le vrai cote de la compagnie et je dois dire que c est tres decevant apres 5 ans de services pour eux ..Parcontre oui je refere Dynamite a tous ceux et celles qui sont interresser car c est la meilleur ecole pour la vente au détails ils ont des plans de formation exceptionnel en ce qui concerne la vente .Ayant pres de 25 ans expériences dans la vente au détails et ayant travailler pour les plus grand dans ce domaine je peux vous dire que Dynamite ce classe parmis les meilleur compagnie pour qui j ai travaillé.
Pros
beaucoup d avantages sociaux
Cons
pas vraiment d avancement
dynamite
Troisième clé (Current Employee) –  MontréalAugust 12, 2013
Une journée de travail typique est l'ouverture de mes caisses, l'analyse de chiffres de la semaine en cours et de la journée précédente, effectuer des tâches administratives, accueillir les clients en les conseillant sur la marchandise que je possède en magasin, défaire la réception de marchandise et l'installer sur le plancher le plus rapidement possible, gérer mon plancher avec mes employés et effectuer la fermeture du magasin.
Les opportunités de développement sont en faveur des employés à temps plein. Le management est fait selon les demandes requises, donc souvent en changements. Les collaborateurs sont la gérante, la superviseur, la directrice des ventes et le soutien technique.
Pros
le contact constant avec les gens
Cons
pas soucis d'une bonne ambiance en magasin de la part des gens en bureau..