As a member of a development team, designs and develops new applications and services, or integrates them, depending on the nature of the projects.
Makes the necessary corrections and improvements to ensure the development of existing applications. Complies with current norms and standards, and uses appropriate methods.
Works on very complex applications with minimal supervision.
Enjoys significant autonomy and advises the object developers on the team.
Recommends improvements to existing methods and standards.
Has in depth knowledge of an area of expertise, which he helps monitor.
Is considered an expert and a leader in one or several technologies or applications.
Designs, codes, tests and debugs complex applications and develops their environments.
Appropriately documents the code by applying current norms and standards.
Writes/updates documentation (deliverables) according to current methods.
Analyzes the code and complex problems pertaining to the logic of existing systems, notifies the software analyst and recommends solutions.
May conduct complex impact analyses and take part in software design (segmentation, sequence diagrams, class diagrams).
Takes part in effort assessments of complex developments, validates estimates and communicates discrepancies during the project.
Is familiar with and applies current norms and standards, and encourages development of norms and standards.
Is familiar with the existing infrastructure and common services.
Identifies and promotes the reuse of components.
Validates the technical feasibility of functional files, and identifies the risk areas.
Conducts complex unit tests (using tools such as JUnit), integrated tests and functional tests, pursuant to current methodologies and processes.
Is familiar with, takes part in and supports the various test series (performance, systems and acceptance tests).
Is familiar with the process of unit testing, and ensures it is followed and applied.
Is familiar with and applies continuous integration processes.
Performs tasks related to deliveries (configuration management) and implementations.
Acts as coach, supports and trains the object developers, as needed.
Is prime candidate for peer reviews.
If necessary, supports the users of the applications to which he is assigned.
If necessary, supports Production to resolve urgent problems (telephone support, correction of production data or processes).
- Knowledge of the Guidewire Claim Center software package v5, v6 or v7
- Knowledge of the GScript (Gosu) programming language
- Knowledge of the SOA concept and web services
- Knowledge of execution platforms for Guidewire Claim Center such as Websphere
- Experience with business rules development and cooperation tools (IDE such as Guidewire Studio, source manager such as AccuRev, anomaly or change request manager such as HP Quality Center or Version One, etc.)
- Insurance Industry Experience
- Knowledge of SDLC methodology (asset)
- Knowledge of Agile methodology (SCRUM)
- Knowledge of the unified modeling language (UML)
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Experience developing distributed applications
- Knowledge of SOA
- Knowledge of at least one relational database management system (RDBMS) (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, DB2), as well as structured query language (SQL)
- Experience in XML and associated technologies, e.g. XML Schema, XML Namespaces, XPath, XSLT
- Familiarity with the concept of continuous integration
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one specialty, and knowledge of another one: JAVA JEE, System i, ASP.Net, or in depth knowledge of an application or software package (Guidewire).
Distributed Windows * 3 yrs
Guidewire ClaimCenter * 2 yrs
HTML* 3 yrs
J2EE * 3 yrs
JAVA * 3 yrs
Gscript * 1 yr
Leadership * 3 yrs
SQL * 3 yrs
NICE TO HAVE:
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Firme majeure de services-conseils en gestion et en technologies de l’information, OSI a su développer des solutions humaines...