Senior Manager, Group Benefits
White Rock, BC
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Manager, Group Benefits to join our team in White Rock, BC The Senior Manager, Group Benefits is responsible for managing a block of accounts, while providing direction and support to staff at the Account Manager and Associate, Account Manager levels.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Post Secondary education is a requirement of the role
- Completion of GBA or CEBS designation is a requirement of the role
- 5 to 10 years experience is a requirement of the role
- Specific experience providing consulting advice is preferred
- Related industry experience will be considered
- An ability to recommend a course of action and achieve buy in from the Client
- An ability to manage stand-alone renewals independently with limited assistance
- Leadership skills and a drive to take initiative
- Meeting each partner and/or client in person; meeting with specific clients quarterly
- Manage specific direct accounts
- Mentor co-workers
- Manage standalone renewals for large cases independently with some assistance
- Build and support teamwork within the Consulting Services team
- Gain an understanding of each department at GHG
- Display an initiative and willingness to learn new skills and improve on existing skills
- Managing partners' expectations and assisting them in managing their block of business with GroupHEALTH
- Training, mentoring and assisting Account Managers and Associate Account Managers with financial statements, claims experience, amendments, booklet updates, claim issues and contractual situations
- Performing complex plan design changes for existing clients by collecting necessary information, notify applicable departments/carriers and coordinate any final stages
- Collaborating with the Underwriting department to obtain quotes, alternates and market surveys
- Supervising, negotiating and collaborating on renewals for major accounts by compiling and preparing renewal reports
- Assisting Account Managers and Associate, Account Managers with complex booklet updates
- Answering complex coverage inquiries and resolving complex claim issues
- Requesting reprints for booklet updates and answering coverage inquiries by resolving claim issues
- Reviewing and preparing financial statements and claims experience on an annual/semi/quarterly basis
- Managing and assisting in Life, Disability and other pooled benefit claims
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts, making changes when necessary
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Intelligence. Leans quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes go the extra mile to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of excellent.
- Listening skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Has confidence in communicating and presenting to groups.
- Team work. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line.
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview