Senior Benefits Specialist
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing, full-service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. Innovative and customer-focused, we’re not your parent’s insurance company.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Benefits Specialist to join our team in Barrie, ON. Working in conjunction with the BC-based team, the Senior Benefits Specialist is responsible for leading and supporting the billing administration and consulting services teams to deliver exceptional client services. The Senior Benefits Specialist will coordinate activities with the Managers of Benefits Administration and Consulting Services, based in our White Rock office.
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering the “WOW!” factor daily (while enjoying weekly yoga stretches, lunchtime walks, 26 long weekends a year, and lots of cake!), your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working in conjunction with the Manager of Benefit Administration and Manager of Consulting Services to lead and support the teams in Barrie
- Training, mentoring and assisting the Barrie Benefit Administration team
- Training, mentoring and assisting the Barrie Consulting team in their various capacities
- Supervising, training and mentoring staff on all available products: individual, group, Evolve, Fleet Protector, health spending plans etc.
- Processing monthly billing statements, as needed, accurately and in a timely manner
- Managing enrollment changes in our proprietary WEBS software
- Demonstrate a superior commitment to meeting client and partner advisor needs by providing prompt and accurate responses to queries and issues
- Collaborating with the Consulting services team to resolve issues, answer queries, obtain costings, review amendments, booklets and contracts
- Mentoring team members on escalated issues
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
Key Outcomes in the first 90 days
- Gain an understanding of each department at GHG
- Become competent in using our proprietary WEBS software, and in insurer rules and regulations
- Become familiar with our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System, eventually taking on the role of CRM system ‘Super User’ in Ontario
- Provide weekly activity reports to Senior VP of Client Services
- Produce accurate billing statements and process changes
- Learn the consulting services role and processes
- Learn all product lines
- Alignment of processes for administrative activities between Barrie & White Rock based on current systems implementation (CRM & WEBS)
1) Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative
2) Able to recommend a course of action and achieve buy-in from the team
3) Strong group benefit background with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Education & Experience
- Completion of post-secondary education is a requirement for this role
- Completion of, or working towards GBA or CEBS designation is a requirement for this role
- 5-10 years of industry experience providing consulting advice and /or benefit administration is preferred for this role
- Life License considered an asset for this role
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent benefits plan
- flex time
- education assistance
- participation in our Fortnight program
- access to our Group RRSP plan
- great people to work with!
To apply for this opportunity please visit http://www.grouphealthglobal.com/joinus/
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents. We promote an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, supported, developed and rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on an exceptional team made up of individuals that consistently exceed our client’s expectations. A focus on innovation, cost containment and outstanding customer service are embedded in the fabric of our organization.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.