Senior Benefits Administrator
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Benefits Administrator to join our team in White Rock, BC. The Senior Benefits Administrator delivers exceptional client service in the administration and billing of a client block.
- Complete CEBS primer course within six months of hire
- Demonstrate leadership in a key administrative department role, such as an Association Lead, within one year of hire
- Steady progress month over month in signoff being granted
- Full signoff on billings and managing a full block of assigned clients by one year mark
- Prompt, accurate and professional client service delivery
- Build and provide ongoing support of teamwork
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn new skills and improve existing skills
- Attention to detail demonstrated in the delivery of a quality bill and an audit trail
- Analyze and manage enrollment changes
- Respond to and collaborate with partners, carriers and clients
- Educating clients on carriers rules and regulations
- Provide non-authoritative leadership to Administration team
- Manage large-sized and key clients
- Produce monthly billing statements for client block
1) Attention to detail in all facets of the job
2) Delivery of exceptional client service with a positive attitude
3) Strong group benefits knowledge
Education & Experience
- Post secondary education an asset
- 3-5 years experience in a payroll/benefits administration role
- Accounting knowledge an asset
- Completion of the CEBS Primer course within 6 months of employment date
- GBA designation an asset
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellence. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best!
- Creativity/Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Has confidence in communicating and presenting to groups.
- Team work. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.