New Business Development Manager
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally.
We are currently recruiting for the role of New Business Development Manager to join our team in Barrie, ON. The role of New Business Development Manager is to develop and grow the new business development team. This includes managing the team and overseeing the day-to-day operations.
The New Business Development team is a marketing team that calls prospects and customers to identify sales opportunities and book sales appointments with them for a presentation on GroupHEALTH products and services. The goal is to book high quality appointments that generate enough interest to lead to a sale of GroupHEALTH products and services.
1) Sales management experience in an outbound call centre
2) Strong understanding of sales systems and processes.
3) Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Sales Force Automation (SFA) systems
4) Strong communication and negotiation skills
Education & Experience
- 5 – 7 years managing inside sales/telesales department is required
- Understanding of call /sales center best practices is required
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Business, Commerce, etc. is preferred
- Extensive experience with CRM and Sales Force automation tools (ideally Microsoft CRM) is preferred
- Experience in group benefits industry preferred
- Meet specific quotas for quality appointment bookings. Continuously improve productivity and quality of services delivered. Continuously increase overall number of booked appointments. Improve quality of appointments as measured by increased percentage of appointments that result in sales.
- Develop marketing plans and programs in conjunctions with sales and marketing to identify target campaigns. Execute on plans.
- Implement industry best practices for managing outbound call centre
- Develop Key Performance Metrics and report regularly to executive. Demonstrate continuous improvement in quality and productivity.
- Implement best of class sales processes using CRM and other tools. Understand the systems well enough to manage workflows, reports, and processes.
- Develop and execute annual and quarterly business plans for department
- Implement departmental quality monitoring programs
- Develop departmental training and development programs
- Develop departmental policies and procedures
- Managing and leading a high performance inside sales team
- Meeting and exceeding specific target quotas. Developing sales forecasts.
- Managing all day to day aspects of sale center operations
- Managing customer service issues
- Monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators
- Business plan development and execution
- Sales and marketing program development and execution
- Personnel training and development
- Process development and improvement
- Policy and procedure development
- Performance and quality monitoring and improvement
- Managing CRM system
- Work closely with White Rock BC based teams (IT, Sales, Marketing, etc).
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellence. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best!
- Creativity/Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Has confidence in communicating and presenting to groups.
- Team work. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Ability to hire A Players. Sources, selects, and sells A Players to join a company
- Ability to Develop People. Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepare them for future roles
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Customer and partner focus. Ensures that our customers and partners are the focus of everything we do.
- Innovative. Naturally curious and always looking for new and innovative ways to do things.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.