Director, Marketing and Communications
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Director, Marketing and Communications to join our team in White Rock, BC. The Director will lead the Marketing and Communications department and is responsible for developing and executing GroupHEALTH’s marketing and communication strategy. The department is responsible for demand creation, branding, messaging, event support, product marketing, communications, and partner marketing support.
Within the first three (3) months:
- Develop long term marketing and communication strategy including branding, messaging, and public relations initiatives
- Develop demand generation programs which support sales and product strategy
- Implement project tracking tools to ensure agreed upon service levels are being met or exceeded
Within the first six (6) months:
- Develop product positioning and marketing strategy and programs
- Implement project management process and service levels
- Increase brand awareness
- Improve communications effectiveness with prospects, clients, partners and employees
- Revise marketing and communications strategy to support long-term corporate strategies and update on a regular basis
- Incorporate all divisions of the GroupHEALTH family of companies (Ontario operations, DMI, etc.) within the planning and execution of the marketing and communications strategy
- Manage and develop staff
- Manage corporate website strategic direction, branding, look and feel, and content
- Manage research projects, such as focus groups and surveys
- Execute demand generation projects in conjunction with sales and new business development
- Manage corporate marketing events including Partner Conferences
- Oversee all communications programs including various corporate websites, partner communications and client communications
- Develop marketing materials including traditional and online formats
- Manage execution of all marketing and communication projects, including marketing materials, partner/client communications, and support sales initiatives such as RFPs etc.
- Ensure all marketing and communications projects are tracked and managed to agreed upon service level
- Develop departmental policies and procedures
- Provide marketing support to partner firms
- Manage planning for corporate marketing events such as partner certification.
- Manage external relationships with outsourced expertise such as consultants, firms, vendors, and communicate with outside agencies on the design and production of ongoing campaigns
1) Marketing and Communications management experience in a business to business environment
2) Demonstrated track record of implementing planning, processes, and structure
3) Strong communication and negotiation skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with focus on Business, Commerce, or related discipline
- 5-7 years marketing and or communications experience is required
- Understanding of marketing and communications best practices is required
- Proven experience in brand development, brand positioning, brand image and product awareness in a group insurance or financial services company is preferred
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellence. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best!
- Creativity/Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Has confidence in communicating and presenting to groups.
- Team work. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Ability to hire A Players (for managers). Sources, selects, and sells A Players to join a company
- Ability to Develop People (for managers). Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepare them for future roles
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line.
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
In every industry there is a company that thinks, and does things, differently. In employee group...