Client Service Representative - Group Benefits
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Client Service Representative to join our team in Barrie, ON. The Client Service Representative is responsible for managing a block of assigned partners and their accounts, while providing direction and support to staff at the Client Service Associate level.
Education & Experience
- Completion of post secondary education
- 5+ years experience as an Associate Account Manager, Group Service Representative, or equivalent industry experience
- Life license an asset
- Working towards GBA or CEBS designation
- Learn specific accounts and have a good understanding of them
- Leadership -- a mentor for co-workers
- Responsibility and ownership of assigned accounts
- Builds and supports teamwork
- Can easily determine which department at GHG is responsible for specific lines of business/functions
- Initiative and willingness to learn new skills and improve existing skills
- Understands financial arrangements and financial reports for ASO accounts
- Managing partners' expectations and assisting them in managing their block of business with GroupHEALTH
- Training, mentoring and assisting Client Service Associates with financial statements, claims experience, amendments, booklet updates, claim issues and contractual situations
- Performing complex plan design changes for existing clients by collecting necessary information, notify applicable departments/carriers and coordinate any final stages
- Collaborating with the Underwriting department to obtain quotes and alternates
- Handling complex booklet updates
- Answering complex coverage inquiries and resolving complex claim issues
- Reviewing financial statements and claims experience on an annual/semi/quarterly basis and making financial recommendations
- Managing and assisting in Life, Disability and other pooled benefit claims
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts, making changes when necessary
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
1) Able to recommend a course of action and achieve buy in from the Client
2) Excellent communication skills
3) Leadership and initiative
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.