GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service group benefits consulting firm operating nationally.
We are currently recruiting for a Benefits Administrator to join our team in White Rock, BC.
The Benefits Administrator delivers exceptional benefits administration services along with on-time and accurate billing statements to our clients and partners. This role is responsible for managing a distinct block of clients from a variety of industries, with a variety of plan designs and insurer providers.
Education & Experience
- At least two (2) years experience in a Benefits Administration role a MUST!
- Completion of post secondary certificate, diploma or degree
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA) Designation an asset
- Enrollment in CEBS Programs is suggested, completion of the CEBS primer course is mandatory within the first six (6) months of employment
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail in all facets of the role
- Delivery of the “wow” factor
- Signoff on no change billings and autoload by end of 3 months
- Completion of CEBS primer within 6 months
- Full signoff on billings and managing a full block of assigned clients by 1 year mark
- Steady progress month over month in additional signoff being granted
- Prompt, accurate and professional client service delivery
- Builds and supports teamwork
- Initiative and willingness to learn new skills and improve existing skills
- Strong attention to details delivers a quality bill and an audit trail
- Analyzing and managing enrolment changes on a daily basis including printing and mailing oneCards
- Responding to and collaborate with partner, carrier and client by email, letter or phone
- Processing monthly billing statements accurately and in a timely manner
- Filing documents for monthly billing statements
- Educating clients on carrier rules and regulations
- Processing MSP applications and changes
- Investigate claims and export errors as they relate to enrolment data
- Performing other duties as assigned by Management
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm Under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line.
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the group benefits marketplace today.
We thank those who apply however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.