*Accounts Payable Clerk
White Rock, BC
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team in White Rock, BC. The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of trade payables, employee expense reports and lease payments.
First three months:
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable related Great Plains functions
- Able to post timely and accurate payments to vendors
- Full understanding of the purchasing module in Microsoft Great Plains
- Able to code and post detailed employee expense reports
First six months:
- Full understanding of policies with regard to partner commission payments
- Obtaining approvals to pay invoices
- Coding payable invoices
- Posting and processing partner commission payments
- Creating new vendor codes and entering new vendor information in general payables
- Entering payables invoices and processing cheque payables
- Processing monthly rent payments
- Creating invoices for multiple locations
- Processing employee expenses
- Compiling spreadsheets for detailed payable invoices
- Corresponding with vendors and employees
1) Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel
2) Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and listening communication skills
3) Proven understanding of accounts payable functions with an ability to problem solve proactively
4) High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Education & Experience
- Certificate or diploma in Accounting or equivalent
- 2-3 years experience in an Accounting related role, working with MS Dynamics GP
- Solid understanding of accounts payable and accounting concepts is required
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Microsoft Great Plains is an asset
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellence. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best!
- Creativity/Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Has confidence in communicating and presenting to groups.
- Team work. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line.
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.