Title: Research Scientist, analytical development
Location: Mirabel, QC
Status: Full Time permanent
Salary: Very Competitive
Our client is a specialty drug formulation and development company using their proprietary, commercially validated drug delivery technologies to generate cost effective 'safer to use' new products for their partners and their patients.
Working with the project team, the Research Scientist acts as the analytical expert and the problem solver, contributes to the generation of new idea, proposes adequate test and provides sound interpretation for tests results. He is responsible for the following duties:
General R&D activities including;
-Assessment of formulation development: Preparation and execution of protocols for API characterization, binary mixture compatibility, formulation robustness and open dish stability, and preparation of associated reports.
- Perform HPLC, TLC, UV and dissolution tests on developed prototypes and assess API and excipients characterization tests by various techniques. NRM, LSD, DSC, TGA, and IR performed externally.
- Participate actively to the scientific meetings organized by the project team: Lead laboratory investigations required by the team.
Analytical Method Development activities including;
-Interfacing and working closely with the Manager of method development and validation to ensure timely development / set up / qualification / validation / transfer of analytical method including method for determining residual after cleaning, and to resolve methodology problems.
- Execution of Analytical Method development/ qualification/validation/transfer protocols and writing related reports.
- Execution of cleaning verification protocols and preparation of related report.
- Analytical methods troubleshooting.
General laboratory duties including:
- Preparation and cleaning of equipment and glassware.
- Participation to the set-up and maintenance of a quality assurance system:
- Daily calibration of balances and pH meters.
- Maintain a laboratory book and logbooks.
- Write and review SOPs.
- Training of new Analysts.
Performs other duties as defined.
-M.Sc. or higher in Sciences, preferably in analytical chemistry or equivalent with a practical relevant experience (at least 2 years for Ph.D., 4 years for Master degree) acquired in pharmaceutical industry.
-Advanced professional knowledge and extensive experience with regular engagement in dealing with highly complex problems in scientific research.
-Hands on experience with HPLC and dissolution techniques. Good experience with other techniques commonly used for characterization of excipients and polymers such as GPC, NRM, LSD, DSC, TGA. Good knowledge of current pharmacopoeia techniques and good understanding of in-vitro tests and IVIVC.
-Proven leadership, self-motivation, as well as good team-working skills is essential.
-Resourceful, highly organized with a methodological approach, enthusiastic, meticulous and computer literate.
-Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English (spoken French is an asset).
Divya Vijaya Gujadhur
T 514-288-3222 ext 348
If you are a Non-Canadian citizen looking to immigrate and find a job in Canada post your profile on www.icanzoom.com; the leading job search website in Canada for international jobseekers!