QA & Testing Specialist (Software)
Title: Quality Assurance & Testing Specialist - SaaS / Software
Reports to: VP, Applications Development
Industry: Software (SaaS)/Market Research
Location: Montreal, Que, Canada
Position status: Permanent
TO APPLY - please send your resume to: Vanessa
Our Client is a fast growing Software as a Service (SaaS) technology company, and a leading provider of Customer Feedback Management solutions. The Client’s technology platform captures the voice of the customer and transforms this feedback into immediately actionable insights to drive improvements to the customer experience, loyalty, and brand advocacy. The Company provides their client companies with the tools and technologies to collect, analyze, report and share customer feedback insights across the enterprise.
Our Client is seeking a creative Software Quality Assurance & Testing Specialist who will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive test plans, developing and performing test cases to verify functionality, data integrity, security, and overall usability.
You're not just verifying somebody else's spec. The QA Engineer works with the software development, technical support, and client services teams, as well as customers to ensure the reliability, quality and performance of software products.
You possess at least five years experience developing and executing manual and automated test suites; have familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution; Solid experience with MS SQL databases & HTML, HTML5, Silverlight, XML, C#, and .NET.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Ability to analyze data and reports and identify any inconsistencies in computational algorithms and statistical calculations.
- Understand the business needs of our solution, how the platform is used by and how they benefit the client.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience developing and executing manual and automated test suites familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
- Experience testing web-based enterprise applications
- Experience with finding the root cause of defects in a complex Enterprise N-Tiered environment
- In-depth knowledge of test planning, test case creation, and test case execution
- Solid experience with software technologies including: HTML, HTML5, Silverlight, XML, C#, and .NET
- Solid experience with MS SQL databases
- Strong and demonstrated desire for a career path in software quality assurance
- Browser and server side test automation (Selenium)
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English with French as a definite asset
Indeed - 12 months ago
Groom & Associates is a recruitment firm situated in Montreal. We continue to deliver temporary and permanent staffing search solutions...