Senior Procurement Director
Title: Procurement Director
Location: Montreal - downtown
Position status: Permanent
Salary: $100K +
***IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN PROCUREMENT OF ALL PACKAGES RELATED TO THE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
* BUILDING CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE ONLY IN INSTITUTIONAL/COMMERCIAL PROJECTS ONLY
***EXPERIENCE IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE TENDERS
***PURCHASING OF MATERIALS AND SERVICES
TO APPLY: Please create a profile on our website and send your resume to: Natasha Lam
Our client's mission is to design, build, and deliver large scale projects. Be part of a growing company in Montreal that has put together an international team incorporating local expertise. Join the team and contribute to one of Canada's largest projects!
Ensuring the implementation and delivery of the Joint Venture Procurement activities in accordance with the agreed procurement processes and procedures with due cognisance of health & safety, cost, programme, quality and contractual issues / requirements.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Enhancing competitive advantage, being rigorous in challenging all aspects of the cost base ensuring efficiency and cost effectiveness in delivery
- Must be a team player and be able to develop relationships with all members of the design and delivery teams from a variety of businesses and countries and ensure procurement is linked to the development of the project. Ensure the requirements are fully and accurately presented to the supply chain
- Oversee the sourcing of local and international subcontractors, provide an assessment of their abilities, issue, manage and negotiate packages
- Give and/or obtain guidance as to compliance with Public Contracts Regulations, Codes and other statutes for procurement activities
- Compliance with the JV’s policies and procedures
- Ensure the deliverance of the JV’s contractual requirements, Heath, Safety and Environmental policies to the supply chain
- To maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the CJV business through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices and with the careful management of risk.
- Select appropriate procurement strategies to maximise commercial and operational benefits to the project and ensure project team delivers effectively on time and within budget
- Identify risks, opportunities and alternatives from the supply chain providing the project with a competitive advantage
- To develop and drive the procuring activity within the project ensuring goods and services acquired support and align with the project objectives and the operational teams
- To provide an ethical and consistent approach to the procurement of goods and services
- Manages the issue and execution of sub contract documentation that is fair and reasonable and gives the required level of contractual protection to the Project Company
- Considers and puts forward alternative materials / methods of working and assesses cost effectiveness
- Leads the analysis and detail of tenders received from the supply market ensuring potential problems and / or gains are recognised and the department reacts accordingly
- Ensure the best value subcontract and material supply to each project backed-up by robust procurement documentation
- Attend project and contract reviews, as required, to meet the needs of the project
- Participate in specific projects and initiatives
- Approval of tender list including appraisal of Vendor Capabilities, including Financials, Capacity, H&S, etc
- Formulation of Tender Enquiry documents, including general prelims, package specific requirements, QA & H&S
- Receive, manage and resolve tender queries/clarifications where applicable
- Analyse and compare tender returns and chair post tender meetings
- Conclude negotiations and evaluations with the Project Team and provide recommendation to relevant parties
- Hold pre-contract meetings
- Formalise subcontract documentation
- To maintain working relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors, who are committed to producing good quality work, safely and at competitive prices, and see the JV and its associate companies as a contractor of choice
- Proactively manage & monitor the supply chain’s performance
- Share best practice and apply principles in community involvement, making our performance visible and maximising the beneficial impact of our activities
- Knowledge of construction procurement contracts
- Good analytical ability
- Ability to make decisions (in conjunction with the Project Team)
- Financial & Commercial awareness
- Scheduling knowledge
- Experience of large and complex works, services and goods procurement for public sector client
- Business aware, and customer focused
- Have a methodical approach to work and be very well organized.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills in English and French.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Focused on meeting deadlines and the ability to prioritise workload.
Directeur principal d'approvionnement
Titre du poste: Directeur principal d'approvionnement
Région: Montréal, Centre-ville
Nature du poste: Temps Plein
POUR POSTULER: Créez un profil sur notre site web et envoyez votre CV à Natasha Lam
* CANDIDAT DEVRA AVOIR UNE EXPÉRIENCE DANS L'APPROVISIONNEMENT DE TOUS MATÉRIAUX ET SERVICES RELIÉS AU PROJET.
* CONSTRUCTION DES BÂTIMENTS SEULEMENT (COMMERCIAUX/INSTITUTIONNELS)
* EXPÉRIENCE AVEC OFFRES PUBLIQUES ET PRIVÉES
* ACHAT DE MATÉRIAUXL ET LES SERVICES
Profil de la compagnie:
La mission de notre client est de concevoir, construire, et délivrer des projets de grande envergure. Faites partie d'une entreprise en pleine croissance à Montréal, qui a mis sur pied une équipe internationale intégrant l'expertise locale. Rejoignez l'équipe et contribuez à l'un des projets les plus importants du Canada!
- Connaissance des contrats d'approvisionnement (domaine de la construction des bâtiments)
- Bonne capacité d'analyse
- Capacité à prendre des décisions (en collaboration avec l'équipe du projet)
- La sensibilisation des finances et du commerce
- Connaissance de planification
- Expérience de travaux vastes et complexes , achat de services et matériaux pour le secteur public
- Avoir une approche de travail méthodique et d'être très bien organisé.
- Excéllente habiletés en communication, de négociation et d'influence en anglais et en français.
- Avoir la capacité de communiquer éfficacement à tous les niveaux et à construire et à entretenir de bonnes relations de travail.
- Axé sur le respect des délais et la capacité à prioriser la charge de travail.