Job Title: Senior Commercial Underwriter
Supervisor: Team Leader, Business Insurance
Region: Montreal downtown
Salary: 56 to 71K
Company Profile: Our client is one of the largest property and casualty insurance companies in Canada. They provide security and support to their customers and business partners across the country.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Business Insurance, the incumbent will contribute to the achievement of profitability and sales volume by a judicious selection and pricing risk and providing professional support to our broker network.
Within the limits of established authority and service times:
- Evaluate, accept and reject proposals for new business.
- Review and negotiate renewals and amendments.
- Order inspections, financial reports or other information to subscribe for use in the analysis of measures serious risks and decision making.
- Negotiate the terms of the risk acceptance with brokers.
- Advice and guide the beginner underwriters as well as support subscription staff
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with brokers.
- Provide technical support to brokers.
- University degree in any discipline, OR college degree in a relevant discipline and in the process of obtaining PAA.
- 5 experience in insurance industry as a Commercial Underwriter (mandatory)
- Excellent French level (oral and written)
- Intermediate level in English
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, both with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to perform many tasks in a period of great activity and remain calm under pressure.
- Teamwork and easy to adapt well to a changing environment.
- Excellent communications skills