Job Description – Safety Coordinator
Reporting -- This position reports to and takes direction from the President.
Job Qualifications -- Familiarity with the industry. Supervisory experience.
Training Certifications: Grizzly Electric & Instrumentation Ltd. Orientation, Class 5 Drivers
License, Clean Driver’s Abstract, H2S Alive, WHMIS and TDG Train-the-Trainer, Standard
First Aid/CPR, National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) Certification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct new employee orientations. Obtain copies of all safety certifications, and a
current driver’s abstract. Ensure new hire paperwork is completed as required.
- Conduct WHMIS and TDG training with all newly hired employees. Ensure that
comprehension has been tested, proven, and recorded through internal examinations.
- Responsible for the administration of the Company’s WHMIS program. Maintain an
inventory of all chemicals and hazardous products used, stored, and/or disposed of by the
Company. Ensure that MSDSs are obtained, maintained as current, and readily available
to employees. Ensure that labels and placards are affixed where required.
- Conduct investigations where required, identify and record root causes and corrective
actions. Transfer corrective actions to a corrective action work order, assign for action,
follow-up to ensure corrections, and sign off upon completion.
- Conduct weekly field site inspections. Inspect worker behaviours, compliance with rules,
procedures and policies, and equipment. Identify and record deficiencies on a corrective
action work order form, assign for action, and follow-up to ensure corrective action is
taken. Sign off upon completion.
- Conduct general safety meetings with all personnel. Ensure that all significant and/
or critical issues identified during safety meetings are transferred to a corrective action
work order, assigned for action, followed up to ensure correction, and sign off upon
- Responsible for conducting drills, exercises, table top discussions, and simulated
exercises of the Company’s emergency response plans for all identified potential
emergencies. Record all deficiencies identified during the drills and exercises, transfer
to a corrective action work order, assign for action, follow-up corrective action, and sign
off upon completions. Conduct follow-up drill to ensure effectiveness of the emergency
- Responsible for the filing, administration and management of all WCB claims and reports
- Responsible for ISNetworld and Complyworks management and administration.
- Obtain and maintain health and safety statistics and records.
- Create and maintain a training matrix of all employees and required safety training
certifications. Track expiry dates, and ensure that refresher training is provided prior to
- Responsible for participating in the development of formal hazard assessments for jobs/
- Ensure that all visitors to the worksite location(s) have been provided with an orientation
informing them of their specific responsibilities, requirements, and hazard reporting and
emergency procedures. The orientation is to be recorded, signed and retained on file.
. * Responsible for continual improvements to the Company’s Safety Program and Manual
in response to Certificate of Recognition Audit Recommendations, industry standards,
changes to legislation, and client requirements.
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) Designation
- Preference will be given to candidates with a University Certificate in Occupational Health and
Safety or CRSP Designation
- Applicants must have experience with WCB administration including claims management, cost
relief, appeals, and modified work programs, and Occupational Injury Services.
- Experience with ISNetworld and ComplyWorks administration is required
- Ability to maintain the organization’s Certificate of Recognition, and conduct annual Enform
- Salary is dependant upon experience and will be discussed upon interview.
- Would prefer local applicant. If not local we would discuss relocation.