Grimshaw Trucking Employee Reviews

Grimshaw Trucking LP
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
This is a company in a state of flux that does not have the support of its parent company. The transportation software used in the offices is cumbersome and is built against workflow. The company is not fairing as well as it could even in the current economy due to reliance on these ill fitting computer programs and disconnects between departments. There have been interpersonal issues arise without the backing of a strong human resources department to solve such issues. The union inside the company takes knowledge from both sides to comply correctly. The people are friendly and the building is well kept.
Pros
Clean Building, Friendly Workers, Steady Business
Cons
Long Hours, Clashing Attitudes
mentally and physically taxing environment
senior linehaul driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2016
years of late loads nothing done to correct this on distant destinations this forces drivers to not take breaks other than mandated intertrip inspections outlying terminals are mad when their freight is always late which creates stress between them and drivers never ending management rotation and change results in change and constant flux with new managers always trying to leave their mark this has shown to be both a short and long term detriment on staff and the abillity of the company to retain staff and customers
Pros
modern equipment
Cons
never a good enviroment between labor and managment
Enjoyable work enviornment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2015
Good place to work, people were nice, most of the managment were nice, but were not always clear with what they wanted from you.
I work with grimshaw as an unloader
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta11 February 2015
I was a nice experience with working Grimshaw Trucking but unfortunately I didn't last that long because Keyano called me up and telling me I was accepted as in a power engineer Co-op. People at Grimshaw at friendly and supportive. they will give you a chance to learn different kind of things that you were interested of.
I have seen a lot of trucking companies operate over the course of my duties. That is how I know that Grimshaw is a cut above many of them.
Peofessional Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2015
Grimshaw was like my second home. I have made numerous lifelong friends there. I got along with almost everyone and can even boast of having the President of Grimshaw as a facebook friend as well as numerous others.
Over the years I have seen the company grow from a smaller company to a professional outfit who emphasize safety and training for all their employees. Trucks were maintained in top shape as soon as I would write a work order. I would not have stayed there 37 years otherwise as I am big on safety and will not drive a truck that I deem to be unsafe.
No communication between management and staff!
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 December 2014
Poor management, unsafe trucks, defective trailers, favoritism, no communication between management and staff. Manager never has time to talk, always on the phone or away from the office.
Work collegues were all very friendly and helpful. Office staff very efficient.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Poor management.
Wasn't a bad company
dock hand (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurray22 August 2014
it was wasn't a bad company to work for. The People for the most Part was alright to work with most where easier to get along with then others. I have learned there to be on my Guard and Look out for dangers that cause injuries. Dealing with the stress that management would put on you even it was small. I just loved it when i was out on the road with the drivers delivering always a challenge and great way to meet new people.
Pros
did get a lot free stuff from customers while being on the road
Cons
dealing with angry customers
great place to work
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2014
i loved working here...only reason i left was due to no full time hours available.

the job was great, kept me busy, co workers were great, loved helping other departments when it got slow, management was easy to approach and talk to.

the hardest part was standing on my feet all day.
great place to work lots of different things to do to keep busy.
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife NT30 January 2013
A day there would be doing deliveries ,taking care of ware house,unloading freight
Pros
driving trucks and people that worked there
my duities
Driver (Former Employee) –  high level AB18 June 2012
- attend safety meeting
- morning checks on truck
- help unload freight
- start truck
- check in office for morning deliveries
- load truck
- deliver freight
- wash truck when needed

2.8