Gridbid.com is a startup offering a solar sales platform that reduces the cost of acquiring solar customers by 80%. Gridbid was launched in 2012 and within its first 12 months online, auctioned over $45M in roof space for solar (over 1000 roofs). We are seeking an entrepreneur to join the founding team as Chief Marketing Officer. The CMO will be officially considered a co-founder and can be based anywhere in North America, with a preference for San Francisco or New York City. The CMO will join Tom Kineshanko, Chris Hunter and Marc Baumgartner to build Gridbid into a profitable business that solves one of the biggest problems in solar-customer acquisition. Tom (product), Chris (sales), and Marc (design) are seasoned founders with a track record of successful execution, raising angel and venture capital, and two exits.
Highlights of the Gridbid Opportunity
- Over $45M in roof space auctioned for solar online ( >1000 roofs)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) validated
- $0 outside capital raised (intentionally), giving Gridbid a beautifully clean cap table. A first financing round will be closed in 2013.
- Co-founders have 15 years combined entrepreneurial experience in renewable energy and 6 combined years in solar entrepreneurship
- Co-founders have raised over $20M in equity for startup companies and helped raise over $100M for renewable energy projects
- Equity range 2% - 14% | Salary range $80,000 - $120,000
- Based anywhere in North America (preference for San Francisco or New York City)
About the Role
- Maximize value to customers and ensure Gridbid offers the best customer experience in solar
- Responsible for all online and offline sales and marketing strategies
- Implement and manage sales / marketing budget
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the sales and marketing team
- Analyze competitive offerings and customer needs empirically and subjectively and modify or redirect business strategy accordingly
- Develop analytical tools for segmentation, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, communications, budgets and sales force effectiveness
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights
- Contribute to the development of new products
- Create and nurture sales/marketing partnerships with major US brands
- Have guts, are aggressive and smart, and have a never-ending thirst for driving change and hunting new opportunities
- Strong desire to be part of the founding team building a startup company
- Disciplined, highly self-motivated, and up for a good adventure
- Patient and comfortable with uncertainty
- Constantly improving personal and work performance
- Excellent campaign manager
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills
- Ability to balance product strategy with ability to execute and deliver results
- Minimum 5 years of online marketing experience and would consider self to be in top 10% of online marketers globally
- Minimum 3 years experience in energy or technology sales and marketing to consumers
- MSc or other advanced degree preferred but not required
- Direct experience in residential solar industry is a big plus
How to Apply
Send the link to your LinkedIn profile and a description of your interest in the CMO position to Kam Phung - kam (at) gridbid (dot) com - by October 1, 2013.
Do not hesitate to contact Kam if you have questions.
This position closes on October 1, 2013.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Gridbid is a platform where home and business owners auction their unused roofspace for solar. It helps guarantee roof owners the best deal...