Greystone Project Management is a premier builder of Commercial, Multi-Residential and Institutional buildings. Established in 1995, Greystone Project Management Inc., is a highly respected company, with a reputation of project excellence, backed by quality workmanship, an excellent safety record, and exceptional client service.
Job Description - Site Superintendent
The Site Superintendent in conjunction with the Project Manager, is responsible for the day to day management of the construction site on an assigned project, executing field operations in a manner consistent with Company objectives.
This assignment is for a commercial construction project lasting approximately 8 months in the Temiskaming Shores area.
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates plans and schedules, and supervises / directs site personnel and schedules subtrades to ensure project objectives are met on time and on budget.
- Implements and manages the Greystone Safety Program; performs regular hazard analysis and toolbox meetings.
- Ensures sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule and quality objectives.
- Prepares overall work plan and schedule in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Reviews and provides assistance regarding quality assurance and control.
- Monitors all site instructions and change notices and makes adjustments as required.
- You have at least 5 – 10 years progressive experience in the general contracting industry as a Site Supervisor with focus on ICI projects.
- You effectively provide overall supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities and consistently complete projects on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
- A strong leader and problem-solver, you are able to build and steward trust with clients, subcontractors, and team members to effect competitive excellence and pride in teamwork with outstanding project delivery.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques is required.
- Experience in ICF construction would be an asset.
- Gold Seal, LEED and Sustainability Training will be considered an asset.
Greystone Project Management Inc. offers a very competitive salary and compensation package. This opportunity would begin as a contract position with the chance to transition to full time employment subject to performance and available projects. Full time positions at Greystone offer many benefits including medical and dental programs, life and disability insurances.
We thank all applicants for their interest although only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates may apply through Indeed or email their application to greystone(at)greystoneconstruction.ca
This posting expires on September 15th 2013.