Our Edmonton pipe manufacturing facility is seeking a Journeyman Millwright to join our maintenance team, who will be responsible for inspecting, repairing, rebuilding, replacing, installing, adjusting and maintaining the facility’s equipment. Machining, welding and rigging skills would be an asset. This position will report to the Maintenance Team Lead and will be based in Edmonton, Alberta.
The main responsibilities of this position:
- Maintains a working knowledge of the facility, plant processes, equipment and systems in order to perform maintenance to all equipment within the facility, including: hydraulic systems, rotating equipment, conveyors, cooling systems, dust collection system, air compressor and Paper machine and its equipment.
- Record all equipment repairs, PM functions and inventory usage in the inventory management system.
- As part of the maintenance services team, support team-leads and supervisory personnel as required.
- Provide support, guidance and training, when required, for maintenance and production personnel.
- Suggest and implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive plant efficiency.
- Provide recommendations for proper level of equipment spares and maintain approved level.
- Expedite the requisitioning of materials needed for various maintenance functions.
- Works in co-operation with plant personnel and outside contractors when required.
- Assist in the commissioning of new equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Committed to a safe and clean work environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Valid Millwright trade qualification (Red Seal or Alberta Provincial)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment, hydraulic system experience an asset.
- Able to demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to work in a team environment under minimal supervision.
Indeed - 20 months ago