Greyhound Employee Reviews

Amazing management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC22 September 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping customers with shipping and receiving their packages,selling tickets for bus trips, answering any questions customers have either by phone or in person. Extra duties like taking out garbage's when needed, also maintaining a clean lobby floor and windows. This company has taught me a lot about different customer service skills, the importance of a good work environment and who you working with. The management team at the Langley Greyhound is amazing.They are understanding, and helpful. Hardest part about the job is some of the heavier packages that come through over 50 lbs. The most enjoyable part about the job was the laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Very easy going, relaxed.
Cons
Not enough hours
I loved my job!
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB1 May 2015
I truly loved driving a highway coach for a career, both with Greyhound & formerly Grey Goose. I believe I have always been happiest when behind a wheel, that combined with seeing nature at its best (&its worst) & social interaction with people made for the best job ever! So why leave? Changes affecting choices in work schedules and general down-sizing made me consider a life change.
Pros
Good pay. Not an office job!
Cons
Away from home a lot.
enjoyable envrionment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2015
Loved to meet and great with people allover. i have learned alot of things that i didn't know it was a very exciting workplace.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great people to work with
Tracing Agent (Former Employee) –  coquitlam8 September 2015
This was a great place to work, the people were friendley and helpful always looked forward to going to the office.
allowed for over time and advansment.
everyday was diffrent though my job used the same skills you never know what your day would look like.
Pros
good people
Cons
far distance to travel to and from
Fun place to work
Data Entry in Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  winnipeg1 March 2013
I enjoyed this job alot. It was a very small department with three people doing data entry between 6 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.

It was a very easy going atmosphere for the most part, in spite of the pressure to get huge quantities of work done within the given time.

We were allowed to listen to music through out computers through headphones, and this obliterated all outside distractions and noises which helps with concentration.

We were given ample breaks even though our shift was short, and the Manager was very good.

We were all very disappointed when one night Management came in and told us that even though the Cdn. Govt. had given 4 million dollars to save the bus lines and express service, our jobs were going to be done by machine locally and the accounting processed in India.

I loved this job as it provided a good secondary wage. I am a single mom and life sometimes is tough. You know the saying, when life gets tough, the tough get going.

I would appreciate your consideration in this matter. My typing speed is really high as is my keying speed. I know Word and Excel very well.

DAR
challenging multitasking
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  ottaw19 February 2013
working at greyhound as built me to overcome many challenges in every aspect of a work placce. my day was about answering all inquiries on departures and arrivals. I had to be available for all complaints tracking lost luggages, mark down every delayed departures, I was reponsible of preboarding un-accompanied children and taking care of their arrivals.
the hardest part of the job was the multitasking but I have learned to take control of every situation in a calm matter. I have learn to overcome every objection I have learn how to deal with 5 different situations at the same time.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the floor support and the staff
Pros
i could travel anywhere in canada for free
Cons
i worked 12 hours a day
Favourable shifts, busy atmosphere, never the same.
Coach Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta5 November 2012
Very independant work.
Become very quick with diagnosis, quickly seperate safety from needs.
Co-workers understanding and work as a team.
Constant new challenges.
Customer satisfaction, and Safety. Because we are all Customers!
Pros
good shifts, good work life balance
Cons
very little training, very long hours at work.
Great Experience, Fantastic People
Ops Manager (Courier Express & Passenger Services) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta23 May 2015
Returned to the Company from BC to AB following an entrepreneurial phase. Advanced rapidly to Ops Mgr position. Active agenda, support was necessary and present. Interaction including customer relations, manager and unionized employees.
The "people" are what make the Company!
Productive and fun workplace with basketball
baggage handler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2014
Baggage handler Tells you about what do to your bags and he tells you about Jesus
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Ultimately the best job ever!!!
Coach Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2013
Greyhound was by far the best job i ever had. Traveling the country, seeing its beauty, going places i probably wouldn't have ever seen. Meeting great people, for the most part, in my experience, people on the coach are going to visit family, weddings, vacationing or just going home. The pay was amazing... i remember feeling guilty, driving the most well maintained and clean commercial vehicle ive ever had the pleasure to operate. The only downfall, for me& the reason for leaving,was too much time away from home.
Poor morale no support from Management
Serviceman/Driver (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 July 2013
The worst management and poorest morale of any place I have ever worked. No support in matters of health and safety and the equipment is poortly maintained. Safety is not a priority nor is employee appreciation.
Pros
no staff parties or get togethers, not even a Xmas card.
Cons
long times away from home with no pay or meals
Easily the worst company I've ever worked for.
Parts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2014
My four biggest complaints are as follows:

1) Lowest pay in the industry. Heavy duty mechanics make at least 7$ an hour less than the industy average. Parts people make at least 10$ below the average.

2) Zero room for advancement. They will not sign blue books for mechanic or heavy duty. So if you get hired on thats the position you will have forever. Which, in my opinon, coupled with the low pay, should leave someone with zero incentive to stay with the company.

3) Horrible management and horrible union representation. Do not trust the management or the union representation. The union rep has zero issue with discussing any issues you have with everyone else in the building and consistantly uses his position as a bullying platform. Management are beyond reproach. They are insulting, condesending, racists and sexist. That's just the management in Edmonton, let alone dealing with the American side of it which is another issue.

4) Morale. I have never seen a work environment with morale this bad. It is consistantly one of the "big ticket" issues that people complain about. There are zero staff parties, zero functions for children and the management seems to enforce segregation between departements. As soon as you walk into the garage, you can feel the negativity in the air.

My only advice is, unless you are desperate for employment, do NOT work for Greyhound. If you are desperate for employment and must take the job, do not stop handing out resumes. You will find something better in time, do not give up.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Horrible management, way below comparative wages, low morale, useless union representation
•a typical day at work
Service person (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB8 June 2014
The working was physically hard & more chances for rework.
But management was good and cooperative.We are together all service person .
Pros
coffee time
Cons
Rework
Productive and fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Everyday is just another typical day at work. I've learned a lot about my co workers and how the business works. I've managed to build and fit myself in with any situation or work habit needed around the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing; everything is what I've either experienced or know how to do on the spot. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the tools and equipment to serve for the purpose of the company.
Sharing travel experiences
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2013
As a Customer Service Representative, I had to work 12 hour shifts everyday, yet time was flying by.

Working at Ottawa bus terminal allowed me to meet new people and socialized with the regulars.

I had a great relationship with the Bus drivers, the security guard, the tickets agents and the passengers.

I was always on the move, there is always something to do, someone to talk to and even time do some paper works.
Positive Work Environment
Service Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2015
Greyhound Canada Transportation Corp is an Nice place to work at. The people there are very respectful. Strong training program was provided to new employees.
Fun place,
Tracing Dept,Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB.1 March 2012
Greyhound Cda is a very fast pace company,clean, friendly people to work for.I answer about 50 to 60 calls a day dealing with variety of people.Tracing lost freight,luggage,one on one with customers,helping Sales Dept.helping Couriers Drivers with there deliveries,work with Dispatch.
Pros
mgmt buys pizzas, pot luck days one or two times a month, cake is bought for employees on birthday.
Cons
none.
I worked here as a first summer job.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB31 March 2015
I learned the basics of Customer Service from my mother who was a manager. I enjoyed this job although it was my first job. Working here taught me the importance of punctuality and dedication.
Pros
Working with family and customers
fun workplace full of good people
Courier Express Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2015
fast paced workplace that was often under staffed but thanks to teamwork we were able to get all the work done every night
freight/tickets/busses.
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
low number of staff at the best of times
Boring and Stressful
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB29 April 2015
Working for Greyhound was boring and stressful. I picked up parcels in the morning to deliver, then I delivered them, then I picked up parcels going out, and finally I dropped them off at the city centre depot.