Greyhound Employee Reviews

Worst place I have ever worked!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 November 2015
This is not a decent place to work whatsoever. The management team is terrible, and does nothing to prevent problems that rise between co-workers, or with customers. If an issue does occur between co-workers, whoever speaks up is publicly slandered and forced to quit due to an automatic cut in hours, behaviour from other co- workers, and the inability to do their job properly due to a manager/supervisors actions. Therefore forcing them to resign or be terminated as an excuse of "not doing their job". The manager is incredibly rude to seniors, handicapped, and the disabled, and also to his own employees. There is no employee privacy here, as he is willing to complain about and insult an employee to his other workers, as well as openly accuse a different employee of theft almost every week. There are no breaks, benefits, or possibilities for advancement. There is no security, such as cameras or methods for cash handling to prevent potential issues, nor patience for the training of new employees. And once addressed, the manager makes excuses about how these security methods would only make things worse and not better. This place has a revolving door, resulting in new employees every other week who do not stay. The only decent part about this job is the physical labour, and wage, but with the rest of the problems at hand, the pay is not worth putting yourself in physical, emotional and mental harm every time you walk onto this job site. Especially when the manager and assistant manager do not take the safety or ability of their employees seriously.
Pros
Physical labour
Cons
No breaks, benefits, security/safety, long hours
Well renowned company, great equipment, great opportunities.
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg City, MB4 November 2015
Was a fun place to work for, with a very reasonable management team.

Not a good spot for a brand new driver, as most of the undesirable routes were given (Flin Flon, etc) in the dead of winter, usually hauling a full trailer weighed down with 50-100lb poorly packaged freight that was loaded at the Depot by 2-3 guys and a forklift, and taken off alone by the driver in sometimes harsh weather conditions, all the while trying to maintain your passengers and adhering to a timeline.

I found that there wasn't a lot of positive development for new drivers, instead of being viewed as the "New Fish" (Prison Terms)
Pros
Love driving the Bus, love pleasant passengers, admire a functioning structure
Cons
Too much freight, too much added stress for a driver who's responsibility should be his bus, and passengers
great people to work with
Tracing Agent (Former Employee) –  coquitlam8 September 2015
This was a great place to work, the people were friendley and helpful always looked forward to going to the office.
allowed for over time and advansment.
everyday was diffrent though my job used the same skills you never know what your day would look like.
Pros
good people
Cons
far distance to travel to and from
every day is different
bus driver (Current Employee) –  toronto4 July 2015
Every day is never the same. I never knew what route I would do until arriving at work.Sometime times overnight stays. I found management to be aloof from its drivers, being more concerned with ways to save money. My coworkers were fun to get along with.
The hardest part of my job was not having a consistent schedule and battling fatigue.
The most enjoyable part of my job was travelling to different cities and making the trip enjoyable for my passengers.
Pros
free hotels meals allowances
Cons
long hours, schedule inconsistencies.
Positive Work Environment
Service Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2015
Greyhound Canada Transportation Corp is an Nice place to work at. The people there are very respectful. Strong training program was provided to new employees.
Great Experience, Fantastic People
Ops Manager (Courier Express & Passenger Services) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta23 May 2015
Returned to the Company from BC to AB following an entrepreneurial phase. Advanced rapidly to Ops Mgr position. Active agenda, support was necessary and present. Interaction including customer relations, manager and unionized employees.
The "people" are what make the Company!
I loved my job!
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB1 May 2015
I truly loved driving a highway coach for a career, both with Greyhound & formerly Grey Goose. I believe I have always been happiest when behind a wheel, that combined with seeing nature at its best (&its worst) & social interaction with people made for the best job ever! So why leave? Changes affecting choices in work schedules and general down-sizing made me consider a life change.
Pros
Good pay. Not an office job!
Cons
Away from home a lot.
Boring and Stressful
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB29 April 2015
Working for Greyhound was boring and stressful. I picked up parcels in the morning to deliver, then I delivered them, then I picked up parcels going out, and finally I dropped them off at the city centre depot.
I worked here as a first summer job.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB31 March 2015
I learned the basics of Customer Service from my mother who was a manager. I enjoyed this job although it was my first job. Working here taught me the importance of punctuality and dedication.
Pros
Working with family and customers
enjoyable
driver (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 March 2015
plenty of fun experiences with passengers along with coworkers and the travel experience being able to drive across my country
fun workplace full of good people
Courier Express Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2015
fast paced workplace that was often under staffed but thanks to teamwork we were able to get all the work done every night
freight/tickets/busses.
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
low number of staff at the best of times
on call 24/7, for 12 years.....
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 October 2014
met a lot of nice people. no personal life. strains home life, and relationship. great for someone who has no ties.
Pros
great training program
Cons
on call 24/7
Amazing management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC22 September 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping customers with shipping and receiving their packages,selling tickets for bus trips, answering any questions customers have either by phone or in person. Extra duties like taking out garbage's when needed, also maintaining a clean lobby floor and windows. This company has taught me a lot about different customer service skills, the importance of a good work environment and who you working with. The management team at the Langley Greyhound is amazing.They are understanding, and helpful. Hardest part about the job is some of the heavier packages that come through over 50 lbs. The most enjoyable part about the job was the laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Very easy going, relaxed.
Cons
Not enough hours
Easily the worst company I've ever worked for.
Parts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2014
My four biggest complaints are as follows:

1) Lowest pay in the industry. Heavy duty mechanics make at least 7$ an hour less than the industy average. Parts people make at least 10$ below the average.

2) Zero room for advancement. They will not sign blue books for mechanic or heavy duty. So if you get hired on thats the position you will have forever. Which, in my opinon, coupled with the low pay, should leave someone with zero incentive to stay with the company.

3) Horrible management and horrible union representation. Do not trust the management or the union representation. The union rep has zero issue with discussing any issues you have with everyone else in the building and consistantly uses his position as a bullying platform. Management are beyond reproach. They are insulting, condesending, racists and sexist. That's just the management in Edmonton, let alone dealing with the American side of it which is another issue.

4) Morale. I have never seen a work environment with morale this bad. It is consistantly one of the "big ticket" issues that people complain about. There are zero staff parties, zero functions for children and the management seems to enforce segregation between departements. As soon as you walk into the garage, you can feel the negativity in the air.

My only advice is, unless you are desperate for employment, do NOT work for Greyhound. If you are desperate for employment and must take the job, do not stop handing out resumes. You will find something better in time, do not give up.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Horrible management, way below comparative wages, low morale, useless union representation
steady busy place to work
Freight Assistant/Driver (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB11 August 2014
co-workers were great to work with
shift work for morning shift
Calling to let customers know they had pkgs in
delivered and picked up packages
Bus passes, parcel pick up and send out
Bookkeeping end of day balancing
Pros
Meet new Customers
Cons
split shifts
•a typical day at work
Service person (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB8 June 2014
The working was physically hard & more chances for rework.
But management was good and cooperative.We are together all service person .
Pros
coffee time
Cons
Rework
Productive and fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Everyday is just another typical day at work. I've learned a lot about my co workers and how the business works. I've managed to build and fit myself in with any situation or work habit needed around the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing; everything is what I've either experienced or know how to do on the spot. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the tools and equipment to serve for the purpose of the company.
Productive and fun workplace with basketball
baggage handler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2014
Baggage handler Tells you about what do to your bags and he tells you about Jesus
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Job was ok. Was fortunate to have great subordinates.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta17 December 2013
Started out as a great experience. Turned out to be a "family click" type place. Lots of longevity. Could have filmed a soap opera there.
Lifetime Career
Dock Loader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2013
Working at Greyhound requires a Quick & Flexible person, Strong but also having a Adaptable memory.
Pros
Routine Days
Cons
Lack of Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval