Greyhound Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Everyday is just another typical day at work. I've learned a lot about my co workers and how the business works. I've managed to build and fit myself in with any situation or work habit needed around the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing; everything is what I've either experienced or know how to do on the spot. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the tools and equipment to serve for the purpose of the company.
An easy job that goes nowhere
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 May 2012
I ship and recieve the freight and transfer lugage off the busses as well as clean and maintain the building and outside perimiter.
I've learned alot about the geography of Canada this way. I have also learned much about cleaning up after human traffic. My management
is a huge inspiration to leave Greyhound. I have great co-workers, knowlegable and helpful. The most challenging part of the job is haveing patience for the public. The best part of the job is the satisfaction of getting something done.
Pros
free coffee, good co-workers, easy work
Cons
no promotions, low wages
Ultimately the best job ever!!!
Coach Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2013
Greyhound was by far the best job i ever had. Traveling the country, seeing its beauty, going places i probably wouldn't have ever seen. Meeting great people, for the most part, in my experience, people on the coach are going to visit family, weddings, vacationing or just going home. The pay was amazing... i remember feeling guilty, driving the most well maintained and clean commercial vehicle ive ever had the pleasure to operate. The only downfall, for me& the reason for leaving,was too much time away from home.
Poor management, worn out coaches & poor pay
Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2013
This company used to be great to work for, now there is no teamwork or cooperation with management and the employees. When an employee does something to help a customer and management doesn't approve, they are disciplined.

The coaches are falling apart and getting parts is increasingly hard. It's just written down as okay for service. The few mechanics that care are type casted as trouble makers and end up leaving

The pay is not to industry standards and with subpar benefits it makes it increasingly difficult to support your family without getting a second job.
Pros
Great employees who care about each other & the customers
Cons
Management who doesn't care about customers, poor pay, poor benefits
Sharing travel experiences
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2013
As a Customer Service Representative, I had to work 12 hour shifts everyday, yet time was flying by.

Working at Ottawa bus terminal allowed me to meet new people and socialized with the regulars.

I had a great relationship with the Bus drivers, the security guard, the tickets agents and the passengers.

I was always on the move, there is always something to do, someone to talk to and even time do some paper works.
challenging multitasking
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  ottaw19 February 2013
working at greyhound as built me to overcome many challenges in every aspect of a work placce. my day was about answering all inquiries on departures and arrivals. I had to be available for all complaints tracking lost luggages, mark down every delayed departures, I was reponsible of preboarding un-accompanied children and taking care of their arrivals.
the hardest part of the job was the multitasking but I have learned to take control of every situation in a calm matter. I have learn to overcome every objection I have learn how to deal with 5 different situations at the same time.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the floor support and the staff
Pros
i could travel anywhere in canada for free
Cons
i worked 12 hours a day
Great Experience, Fantastic People
Ops Manager (Courier Express & Passenger Services) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta23 May 2015
Returned to the Company from BC to AB following an entrepreneurial phase. Advanced rapidly to Ops Mgr position. Active agenda, support was necessary and present. Interaction including customer relations, manager and unionized employees.
The "people" are what make the Company!
Fun place,
Tracing Dept,Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB.1 March 2012
Greyhound Cda is a very fast pace company,clean, friendly people to work for.I answer about 50 to 60 calls a day dealing with variety of people.Tracing lost freight,luggage,one on one with customers,helping Sales Dept.helping Couriers Drivers with there deliveries,work with Dispatch.
Pros
mgmt buys pizzas, pot luck days one or two times a month, cake is bought for employees on birthday.
Cons
none.
Favourable shifts, busy atmosphere, never the same.
Coach Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta5 November 2012
Very independant work.
Become very quick with diagnosis, quickly seperate safety from needs.
Co-workers understanding and work as a team.
Constant new challenges.
Customer satisfaction, and Safety. Because we are all Customers!
Pros
good shifts, good work life balance
Cons
very little training, very long hours at work.
Poor morale no support from Management
Serviceman/Driver (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 July 2013
The worst management and poorest morale of any place I have ever worked. No support in matters of health and safety and the equipment is poortly maintained. Safety is not a priority nor is employee appreciation.
Pros
no staff parties or get togethers, not even a Xmas card.
Cons
long times away from home with no pay or meals
Enjoyable working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 December 2012
I use a list that ranks in priority of the task's to complete with a time scale added to act as my motivation, of course with appropriate rest periods built in to help stimulate me for other task’s, should an emergency arrive.

I have learned that to be truly effective at work, you have to manage your time well, communicate clearly, and have a good attitude. Also, make sure that you devote time towards further learning and career development. You never know how or when these new skills will pay off.

My previous managers were easy to deal with, understanding and very easy to talk to.

I had an excellent professional relationship with my co-workers, which worked quite nicely with the company environment.

Meeting really tight deadlines was the hardest part of my job.

What I found most enjoyable in my previous position was bring a smile to passengers face.
Pros
four day work week
enjoyable envrionment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2015
Loved to meet and great with people allover. i have learned alot of things that i didn't know it was a very exciting workplace.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
steady busy place to work
Freight Assistant/Driver (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB11 August 2014
co-workers were great to work with
shift work for morning shift
Calling to let customers know they had pkgs in
delivered and picked up packages
Bus passes, parcel pick up and send out
Bookkeeping end of day balancing
Pros
Meet new Customers
Cons
split shifts
I worked here as a first summer job.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB31 March 2015
I learned the basics of Customer Service from my mother who was a manager. I enjoyed this job although it was my first job. Working here taught me the importance of punctuality and dedication.
Pros
Working with family and customers
fun workplace full of good people
Courier Express Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2015
fast paced workplace that was often under staffed but thanks to teamwork we were able to get all the work done every night
freight/tickets/busses.
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
low number of staff at the best of times
Long days, long nights, and now weekends
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2013
As a driver I was on call for three years 365 days of the year. They can and will take you cool places some you might otherwise never see. The night drives are tough but well worth the experience.
Pros
Free Bus rides
Cons
Free Bus Rides
Boring and Stressful
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB29 April 2015
Working for Greyhound was boring and stressful. I picked up parcels in the morning to deliver, then I delivered them, then I picked up parcels going out, and finally I dropped them off at the city centre depot.
Office/Express Agent
Accounting, Express Agent, P&D driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta25 February 2013
Did ticket auditing for the tickets sold daily by agents.
Handled freight being shipped by customers.
Taking phone calls from customers
Delivering /Picking Up Freight from Customers
Positive Work Environment
Service Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2015
Greyhound Canada Transportation Corp is an Nice place to work at. The people there are very respectful. Strong training program was provided to new employees.
Job was ok. Was fortunate to have great subordinates.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta17 December 2013
Started out as a great experience. Turned out to be a "family click" type place. Lots of longevity. Could have filmed a soap opera there.