Greyhound Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

See reviews about:
Fast paced job, good pay, unorganized management
Customer Service Representative/Baggage (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
The job was very fast paced, training was minimal so you just jumped into the job. The pay was great and job was unionized. The management was very unorganized.
its ight
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 June 2017
very boring lots of doing nothing. ive watched an intire season of game of thrones while sitting at work one day so that's the only up side. good for students to do homework
Best group of people I have ever worked with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
A fast-paced environment, the Greyhound depot in Calgary has an incredible staff of people who work hard to satisfy their customers.

Safety on buses is our number 1 concern and the staff in Calgary ensures passenger and baggage screening prior to boarding any bus.
Pros
Great travelling opportunities
Cons
Terminal is quite large so you get a good workout running from the Arrival area to the gates.
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
I have worked at Greyhound as a customer service representative a little bit more than 2 years. I liked my job.
I always try to greet public, engage the conversation in identifying needs, being careful to make an excellent first impression.
I responded to customer inquiries on routes, schedules, fares, and other Greyhound services with complete information and recommendations to meet customers’ needs.
CSR not vauled.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
Long hours. Not paid enough. Drivers are great. Never a dull minute working at the bus terminal. As the customer service agent you must do everything.
constantly on your feet, very friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB24 February 2016
a typical day at work would start by a quick pre clean of the shop, placing all the shipment in the right spots and getting the new tags, Place the new orders in correct call order, and start with calls, by the time the calls are over it would be noon, Then you start all over again when the afternoon bus comes into the depo.
Pros
Free Coffee
Worst place I have ever worked!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 November 2015
This is not a decent place to work whatsoever. The management team is terrible, and does nothing to prevent problems that rise between co-workers, or with customers. If an issue does occur between co-workers, whoever speaks up is publicly slandered and forced to quit due to an automatic cut in hours, behaviour from other co- workers, and the inability to do their job properly due to a manager/supervisors actions. Therefore forcing them to resign or be terminated as an excuse of "not doing their job". The manager is incredibly rude to seniors, handicapped, and the disabled, and also to his own employees. There is no employee privacy here, as he is willing to complain about and insult an employee to his other workers, as well as openly accuse a different employee of theft almost every week. There are no breaks, benefits, or possibilities for advancement. There is no security, such as cameras or methods for cash handling to prevent potential issues, nor patience for the training of new employees. And once addressed, the manager makes excuses about how these security methods would only make things worse and not better. This place has a revolving door, resulting in new employees every other week who do not stay. The only decent part about this job is the physical labour, and wage, but with the rest of the problems at hand, the pay is not worth putting yourself in physical, emotional and mental harm every time you walk onto this job site. Especially when the manager and assistant manager do not take the safety or ability of their employees seriously.
Pros
Physical labour
Cons
No breaks, benefits, security/safety, long hours
Amazing management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC22 September 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping customers with shipping and receiving their packages,selling tickets for bus trips, answering any questions customers have either by phone or in person. Extra duties like taking out garbage's when needed, also maintaining a clean lobby floor and windows. This company has taught me a lot about different customer service skills, the importance of a good work environment and who you working with. The management team at the Langley Greyhound is amazing.They are understanding, and helpful. Hardest part about the job is some of the heavier packages that come through over 50 lbs. The most enjoyable part about the job was the laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Very easy going, relaxed.
Cons
Not enough hours
Sharing travel experiences
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2013
As a Customer Service Representative, I had to work 12 hour shifts everyday, yet time was flying by.

Working at Ottawa bus terminal allowed me to meet new people and socialized with the regulars.

I had a great relationship with the Bus drivers, the security guard, the tickets agents and the passengers.

I was always on the move, there is always something to do, someone to talk to and even time do some paper works.
challenging multitasking
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  ottaw19 February 2013
working at greyhound as built me to overcome many challenges in every aspect of a work placce. my day was about answering all inquiries on departures and arrivals. I had to be available for all complaints tracking lost luggages, mark down every delayed departures, I was reponsible of preboarding un-accompanied children and taking care of their arrivals.
the hardest part of the job was the multitasking but I have learned to take control of every situation in a calm matter. I have learn to overcome every objection I have learn how to deal with 5 different situations at the same time.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the floor support and the staff
Pros
i could travel anywhere in canada for free
Cons
i worked 12 hours a day

Want to know more about Greyhound?

Ask a question
Fun place,
Tracing Dept,Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB.1 March 2012
Greyhound Cda is a very fast pace company,clean, friendly people to work for.I answer about 50 to 60 calls a day dealing with variety of people.Tracing lost freight,luggage,one on one with customers,helping Sales Dept.helping Couriers Drivers with there deliveries,work with Dispatch.
Pros
mgmt buys pizzas, pot luck days one or two times a month, cake is bought for employees on birthday.
Cons
none.