Greyhound Employee Reviews

Horrible
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
ABSOLUTELY horrible experience. You will have no life, always away from home, and be treated like garbage by management and supervisors. Suspended for everthing without being able to defend yourself. They do not play by any rules. They're never wrong and will lie and cheat to make it seem like they are right.

The new driver hirees get paid less with no pension than the more senior drivers that were there before the change happened for the exact same work. But they'll work you harder because it's cheaper for them as it'd paid per mile driven.
Pros
Cons
16hr work days, 70 hrs week, 14 days straight, fight for your pay, pay is never right, dirty/unsafe buses, unsafe work practices, no home life, hotel sleeping, being bellitled by management
its ight
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 June 2017
very boring lots of doing nothing. ive watched an intire season of game of thrones while sitting at work one day so that's the only up side. good for students to do homework
Best group of people I have ever worked with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
A fast-paced environment, the Greyhound depot in Calgary has an incredible staff of people who work hard to satisfy their customers.

Safety on buses is our number 1 concern and the staff in Calgary ensures passenger and baggage screening prior to boarding any bus.
Pros
Great travelling opportunities
Cons
Terminal is quite large so you get a good workout running from the Arrival area to the gates.
interesting and varied experiences
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 June 2017
on 2 hour call day and night. report and inspect bus. load passengers
manage passengers at border crossing and at rest stops.
provide as safe and as comfortable a ride as possible.

I learned how to drive manual and a large vehicle. I learn a great deal about safety and defensive driving at a professional level. I learn how to use landmarks as memory markers for navigating to various locations.

my people skills were enhanced because of the variety of people I worked with and for.

Culture was very poor. Management philosophy was to cover their butts and to catch workers doing things wrong. A culture of mistrusted on all levels.

The true pros were a joy to work with as they demonstrated that the goal was to be the best you could be.

hardest part was shift work and night runs.

day runs through the mountains in sunny weather
Pros
paid in us dollars
Cons
very long hours often with little rest between assignments
fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 May 2017
Greayhound was a great place too work friendly staff and employees great work schedule great pay also got a chance too work in a warehouse environment
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
I have worked at Greyhound as a customer service representative a little bit more than 2 years. I liked my job.
I always try to greet public, engage the conversation in identifying needs, being careful to make an excellent first impression.
I responded to customer inquiries on routes, schedules, fares, and other Greyhound services with complete information and recommendations to meet customers’ needs.
Meeting new people
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
Loved driving the elderly to their shows and travelers to their destinations. Great conversations with many new people. The hardest part of my days would have been driving through downtown Toronto traffic.
Loved working with people from different areas of the world
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2017
This was a run job, always full of excitement and never the same day twice. Was a union facility, but always managed to support both the company and union employees.
Very safety orientated company
Licensed mechanic 310 S & T (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 December 2016
Job over sees the maintenance of highway coaches and the staff that maintain them. Compliance to government highway traffic act and company maintenance policies and procedures.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Company down sizing
Boo that's all I can say. Your shifts suck and its like working in a zoo with no bars
Dock Loader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab2 November 2016
Hard to get on full time no matter how hard u work. When u start u get the worst shifts with turn arounds of only 3 hours. So your family life suffers. Cheap cheap cheap. The only thing good was an hour lunch break.
Pros
Long lunch
CSR not vauled.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
Long hours. Not paid enough. Drivers are great. Never a dull minute working at the bus terminal. As the customer service agent you must do everything.
Horrible horrible place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2016
I worked as driver for about a year ...I was screwed over for pay many times ...missing up to 600 a pay cheque..the peice of sh#@ who did pay roll in toronto basically would steal from you ever chance she got....I even heard a driver got so upset he punched her in the face I worked 70 hours a week I could barely eat I lost my apt and my car I was on call 24/7 and was exhausted all the time I dealt with severe depression while working here by far the worst employer in Canada
Pros
Cons
To many to list
An interesting place to work.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 July 2016
You meet a great variety of people who are looking for assistance in getting to their destinations or just answers to questions.
I've learned to be a better listener and more empathetic in my approach to the customer.
A fun laid back work environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC11 July 2016
A typical day at work would be shelving freight, data entering and phoning customers to let them know their packages are there.

What I have learned is more patience.

Management has a lot to deal with. If things don't go right for the customers, we are the people that have to handle the situations. Even if what happened was not our fault. We are the faces at the front desk.

The office I am currently working at is just a small office. There was only my boss and I. The only time there were other people hired was at Christmas time when it got busier.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were not happy and needed to blame someone. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers that were happy that you could help them.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent work experience.
Counter Person and Courier Shipper (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2016
Fabulous managers as well as co-workers. Always a pleasure to show up to work. Safe environment and clean work space was provided.
Productive and fun
Laborer load/unlaod (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2016
Sign in, see when the departures start and re departure
Know where the luggage is headed off too
Be on your toes anything can happen
Friendly environment
Keeping track of bags and safety
Getting off from work
Pros
Some days slow
Cons
Some days busy
Never a boring day on the Job.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 May 2016
I have learned Canadian Trips Production for ticket sales.
High level of customer service, knowing bus routes and schedules, dealing with angry/drunk customers in a professional manner, team environment, always willing to help with extra shifts when I am needed, cash control, shipping and receiving with Greyhound Courier Express when needed. I left Greyhound in 2009 when I moved. I have returned to Greyhound. (2014- present)
Pros
Great hourly pay, Free Bus Travel
Cons
Positions being cut, company downsizing jobs.
Stay away
Service Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
I worked at Greyhound for under a year. The company pays well. Management is terrible and the Co workers around you are even worse. Acouple things to consider. You'll start on nights and stay on night for a very long time I mean years. The turnover rate is fairly high with new employees which also means you'll never move up the chain. The current garage has alot of lifers so forget about advancement unless you are willing to move to another location. Get ready to pick up the slack for everyone else. You'll never get recognition for the work you do but when you do one thing wrong everyone loses their minds. I understand I job is a job if money is what you are looking for this is ok. Your social life will be non existent with days off during the week and you will be taken advantage of at every turn. This is the honest truth. 8 hours of punishment then go home. The less you talk at the hound the better.
Pros
Pay, Benifits, Going home
Cons
Co workers, management, toxic work environment
greyhound canada
serviemen (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
working night shift for 1/2 yrs with this company was hard working out said in the cold management did not treat their employee fairly always made one person work hard and other dont to the same work lode
Pros
money was good
Cons
management was not good
Trés bonne compagnie de transport des personnes
Conducteur de Bus (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2016
La meilleure école pour apprendre et évoluer dans une compagnie de transport des personnes.
Pros
Saliare
Cons
Vie sociale perturbée

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.