Greyhound Employee Reviews

Worst Employer Ever
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 October 2017
I grew up knowing Greyhound was one of the good ways to travel; however, it quickly changed at the turn of the century. It has become nothing but a cut-throat organization bent on destroying itself. Management does not care about the passengers or the freight anymore, they have priced themselves way to high out of the competition, and are consistently blaming the employees for the downturn the company is experiencing. The workplace is hostile, you're expected to work long hours without breaks, and are subject to disciplinary measures should anything wrong happen--regardless of the circumstance.
If I could make it zero stars I would!
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 September 2017
Not a forever job, Little to no training, you take alot of flack from people who shouldn't be there, Poor customer service, sketchy place. Run away...
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Unintelligent Management. Constantly changing things, Doesn't properly train staff. Alot of Homeless people and addicts around... Everything
Going down hill
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 September 2017
What started out to be a great place to work for the first fifteen years. All the guys and management were easy going and enjoyed what they were doing. Their was activities away from work sponsored by the Company and the employees that kept comrade ship up between employer and employees and made it a better place to work. The Golf and fishing tournaments, Christmas party's, and retirement parties. Then management change, the new regime started taking things apart and not caring anymore about the people who rode with us. They separated the freight from passenger service and started an internal feud.Passenger and freight service started to suffer badly. instead of trying to put it back together they started making cuts to try and show a profit and have cut their own throats through mismanagement. What a shame!
difficult to have a normal life as everything such as shift word is decided by seniority
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
a typical work day starts by watching a video on safety.

The purpose is obviously to educate and remind us of the ppe personal protection equiptment and to think of safety first.

management is not sensitive to its employees partial because a union .

the workplace culture is to work with in the status code.

the hardest part of the job is oil change.

the most enjoyabe job is performing Preventarive maintenance inspection.
Pros
double time and a half for working on holidays
Cons
shift work
Fun place to work at
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa ont18 September 2017
No life work sleep in hotels get devoriced with 2 months of working there always sleeping out of home good pay though not worth my family but good pay
Pros
Just follow the rules and ur really good
Cons
U'll become a lonner no life no friends no family
Great.
Terminal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2017
I've met people working here who have been there for 20+ years! I have gained lots of experience here and had an understanding team behind me. Sad to have gotten laid off.
Horrible
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
ABSOLUTELY horrible experience. You will have no life, always away from home, and be treated like garbage by management and supervisors. Suspended for everthing without being able to defend yourself. They do not play by any rules. They're never wrong and will lie and cheat to make it seem like they are right.

The new driver hirees get paid less with no pension than the more senior drivers that were there before the change happened for the exact same work. But they'll work you harder because it's cheaper for them as it'd paid per mile driven.
Pros
Cons
16hr work days, 70 hrs week, 14 days straight, fight for your pay, pay is never right, dirty/unsafe buses, unsafe work practices, no home life, hotel sleeping, being bellitled by management
Fast paced job, good pay, unorganized management
Customer Service Representative/Baggage (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
The job was very fast paced, training was minimal so you just jumped into the job. The pay was great and job was unionized. The management was very unorganized.
its ight
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 June 2017
very boring lots of doing nothing. ive watched an intire season of game of thrones while sitting at work one day so that's the only up side. good for students to do homework
Best group of people I have ever worked with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
A fast-paced environment, the Greyhound depot in Calgary has an incredible staff of people who work hard to satisfy their customers.

Safety on buses is our number 1 concern and the staff in Calgary ensures passenger and baggage screening prior to boarding any bus.
Pros
Great travelling opportunities
Cons
Terminal is quite large so you get a good workout running from the Arrival area to the gates.
interesting and varied experiences
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 June 2017
on 2 hour call day and night. report and inspect bus. load passengers
manage passengers at border crossing and at rest stops.
provide as safe and as comfortable a ride as possible.

I learned how to drive manual and a large vehicle. I learn a great deal about safety and defensive driving at a professional level. I learn how to use landmarks as memory markers for navigating to various locations.

my people skills were enhanced because of the variety of people I worked with and for.

Culture was very poor. Management philosophy was to cover their butts and to catch workers doing things wrong. A culture of mistrusted on all levels.

The true pros were a joy to work with as they demonstrated that the goal was to be the best you could be.

hardest part was shift work and night runs.

day runs through the mountains in sunny weather
Pros
paid in us dollars
Cons
very long hours often with little rest between assignments
fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 May 2017
Greayhound was a great place too work friendly staff and employees great work schedule great pay also got a chance too work in a warehouse environment
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
I have worked at Greyhound as a customer service representative a little bit more than 2 years. I liked my job.
I always try to greet public, engage the conversation in identifying needs, being careful to make an excellent first impression.
I responded to customer inquiries on routes, schedules, fares, and other Greyhound services with complete information and recommendations to meet customers’ needs.
Meeting new people
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
Loved driving the elderly to their shows and travelers to their destinations. Great conversations with many new people. The hardest part of my days would have been driving through downtown Toronto traffic.
Loved working with people from different areas of the world
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2017
This was a run job, always full of excitement and never the same day twice. Was a union facility, but always managed to support both the company and union employees.
Very safety orientated company
Licensed mechanic 310 S & T (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 December 2016
Job over sees the maintenance of highway coaches and the staff that maintain them. Compliance to government highway traffic act and company maintenance policies and procedures.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Company down sizing
Boo that's all I can say. Your shifts suck and its like working in a zoo with no bars
Dock Loader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab2 November 2016
Hard to get on full time no matter how hard u work. When u start u get the worst shifts with turn arounds of only 3 hours. So your family life suffers. Cheap cheap cheap. The only thing good was an hour lunch break.
Pros
Long lunch
CSR not vauled.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
Long hours. Not paid enough. Drivers are great. Never a dull minute working at the bus terminal. As the customer service agent you must do everything.
Horrible horrible place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2016
I worked as driver for about a year ...I was screwed over for pay many times ...missing up to 600 a pay cheque..the peice of sh#@ who did pay roll in toronto basically would steal from you ever chance she got....I even heard a driver got so upset he punched her in the face I worked 70 hours a week I could barely eat I lost my apt and my car I was on call 24/7 and was exhausted all the time I dealt with severe depression while working here by far the worst employer in Canada
Pros
Cons
To many to list
An interesting place to work.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 July 2016
You meet a great variety of people who are looking for assistance in getting to their destinations or just answers to questions.
I've learned to be a better listener and more empathetic in my approach to the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.